Assistant Restaurant Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an assistant restaurant manager to join this 4 star hotel with an award winning restaurant located in a beautiful area in the heart of Scotland. Staff accommodation can be offered with this role. This is a day-to-day hands-on position responsible for all aspects of food & beverage and meetings & events operations.
The ideal candidate should be able to:
- Welcome guests and visitors to the resort and ensure their stay is a memorable experience which must be repeated.
- Assist with coaching and counselling employees to reflect company service standards and procedures.
- Perform all tasks of a F&B and M&E operator as and when required to facilitate service.
- Ensure all F&B and M&E operations including cash handling are done as per policies and procedures.
- Assist the manager with all issues on POS including any changes to price or product,
- Control upcoming bookings on online booking system and edit booking notes when necessary to prepare for special dietary requirements in advance.
- Assist managing all back of house store areas to a high standard to ensure company property is looked after and easily accessed.
- Assist with all beer, wine, spirits & soft drinks orders and have a strong focus on efficient cellar management.
- Analyse, investigate & resolve guest complaints in the absence of the line manager and give feedback with explanations to resort management.
- Assist with ensuring proper staffing levels for customer service goals.
- Assist with building and maintaining an efficient team of employees, driving the team towards the objectives of the business.
- Assist with all key staff training, identifying training needs and capability gaps within the team.
- Support and cooperate with other departments and maintain excellent communication with all departments.
- Act as liaison between senior management and F&B staff.
- Deputise in the absence of the bar & restaurant manager.
- To carry out duty management shifts as per company rota.
- To ensure the company's health & safety policy is fully promoted and arrangements have been made to carry out the policy.