EET and Wellbeing Coach
Employment, Education, Training (EET) and Wellbeing Coach (Bristol & BaNES)
Reboot West helps care leavers across the region to succeed in education, training, and work. It is an innovative programme, trialling the use of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to enable young people to develop psychological flexibility as they transition to independence. We are now expanding the programme and are seeking a new EET and Wellbeing Coach to provide long term and essential support to a caseload of Reboot young people.
Please find full details of how to apply via our Website in the advert below. The deadline for application submissions is 23:59, 23 May 2021.
We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups and men as they are currently under-represented in our organisation. We’d also like applications from people with relevant lived experience. If you are concerned about the application process, please give us a call.
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for in you:
- Your enthusiasm and a track record in supporting young people with a range of needs and challenges enables you to deliver tangible, measurable outcomes for young people, particularly getting them into employment and education.
- You engage young people with confidence and compassion enabling you to build meaningful relationships.
- You are curious about and motivated to use psychological, relationship-based approaches in your work.
What you will be doing:
- Your creative approach will enable you to work successfully with a case load of care leavers on a 1:1 and group basis.
- Working flexibility and innovatively, you will help to improve young people’s wellbeing and ultimately enable them to access and sustain employment and/or training.
- You will be co-located in local authority care leaver teams and work closely with local authority colleagues to ensure a joined-up offer.
- Being well organised and efficient and you will effectively record and evidence outcomes achieved by young people.
You will be in the Reboot West team working predominantly in Bristol and BaNES local authority area. Your line manager will be our Reboot West Manager.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to develop skills in ACT and other psychologically informed approaches.
- 30 days holiday plus the usual Public and Bank Holidays.
- A supportive team of Reboot Coaches.
- Opportunities to learn and reflect including monthly group reflective practice and regular group clinical supervision.
- Flexible working.
- Hours per week: 37.5 (this represents full time hours)
- Contract type: fixed term to 31 July 2022 (may be extended depending on funding)
- Pay: £24,491 - £25,991 per annum (NJC scale 17-20) starting at the bottom of the pay scale
- To access the Job Pack and complete an online Application Form, please click 'Apply'
- To have an informal chat about the role, please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) 07399011985
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
- Application deadline closes: 23:59, 23 May 2021.
- If you have not heard from us by 28 May 2021 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on 31 May 2021. If you cannot attend on that date, we may be able to accommodate an alternative time.
Covering Letter / Supporting Statement Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups and Males as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.