This is a fantastic opportunity at the largest, business-only, end-to-end communications and IT provider in the UK. Having experienced exceptional growth over the last 5 years we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced certified Cisco or/and Juniper Network Engineer to support the Fixed Networks Delivery and Operational teams in delivering first class managed solutions to our clients.
This is a field based role and the successful Network Engineer will have proven experience in technologies such as WAN, LAN, Internet, WAN Optimisation MPLS, Colocation, SIP Trunking, Security, WiFi etc Network Engineer
- troubleshooting and support after initial triage by our operations team.
- Support Field Engineers, and other internal departments as required.
- Configurations of equipment and design of solutions.
- WAN, LAN and security Knowledge
- Current CCNA experience with Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Current JNCIA Juniper experience (Routing/switching) SRX & EX series.
- 2nd/3rd Line Support experience.
- SIP experience.
- Hosted solution experience.
- Security hardware experience (Firewall, IDS etc).
- WAN optimisation experience.
- MPLS Knowledge.
- Sophos Firewall experience.
- Excellent listening skills and clear concise verbal and written skills.
- Excellent customer service approach.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Self-motivated and keen to increase own levels of experience and training.
Calm, confident manner able to work effectively under pressure.
Solution focused and flexible approach to problem-solving.
Ability to work as part of a team and to use their own initiative.
Able to prioritise workload and manage regular interruptions to remain productive.
- Auto enrolment with PerkBox.
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave. Currently 33 days per year
- Auto enrolment in company Pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme