We, at Ian Williams, are delighted to invite you to review our companys visions and values, and apply to our opportunity of General Manager. The General Manager is a regional role, therefore we are flexible on the location within England and Wales, where our offices are based.
One of the UK's largest privately-owned property services companies, Ian Williams is a leader and pioneer in its field and at the forefront of delivering innovative planned, painting and responsive services to the built environment. Our mission is to be a company that its loved by our employees and our customers - supported by our We Invest In People Gold accreditation.
We are looking for a General Manager for each of our products- Response, Capital and Painting.
- A company profit share scheme
- Company car and outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 10%
- 23 days annual leave, buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- We want our employees to have a well-balanced work/ life balance, therefore flexible working patterns would be considered.
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee's health and wellbeing
The General Manager:
- Developing and leading Business Managers within your region to ensure successful delivery of the Unit budgets.
- Implementing the product strategy, engaging your Business Managers in the process.
- Supporting the business manager to identify, nurture and develop talented individuals
- Upholding the business values to the highest standards always and ensuring employees at Ian Williams do the same.
- Creating a working environment in which our employees can thrive and do their best work
- Working with your Business Managers to create and maintain long term relationships with our current clients, as well as building new ones, and ensuring you and your teams provide exceptional customer service.
- Driving the growth and performance of the product across the business by building and developing engaged teams.
- Ensuring work is carried out safely in accordance to Health and Safety regulations by monitoring adherence to Company policies and procedures and the Business Management System
Our General Managers say "this is the ideal role to have an impact on the strategy of Ian Williams, while leading through a team of managers to keep in touch with the day to day of the business"
What will you bring as a General Manager?:
- You will have proven senior leadership experience gained in a similar role, though you do not have to have operated within our market. Most important are your leadership skills.
- You will have experienced profit and loss responsibility at a business/divisional level (i.e. not only at a contract level)
- You will be able to evidence that you have achieved great results by managing and leading others.
- You will have been involved in the delivering of a company or divisional strategy and will be comfortable with challenging day to day operational activities not in line with this or our company values.
- You will have the ability to see the bigger picture and have the communication skills, tact and diplomacy to develop relationships that will make you, your teams and Ian Williams successful.
Additional Benefits include:
- Annual pay reviews
- Family Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
- Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
- Specsavers vouchers
- For information on all other additional benefits we do, to enhance your work/life balance please visit our website
If you think you have what it takes to become our General Manager then click "Apply" now!