SAP Solution Lead (P&SC)
SAP Solution Lead (P&SC)
Babcock Corporate Services
About the role
The SAP Solution Lead (P&SC) is a key role in the SAP Service and Programme organisation and is responsible for the design, configuration, analysis and support of the SAP Procurement & Supply Chain modules/solutions, including the related integrations and user interfaces to meet the business needs of Babcock cross divisional processes.
Working closely with our customers to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance SAP functionality, the Procurement & Supply Chain solution lead adds value to the Neptune (SAP) organisation through their technical and business process knowledge of this area.
* Provide specialist level design, configuration and functional support for the SAP solutions in the Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Material Management modules of ECC 6 and the SAP Ariba solution.
* Configuration, support and business process knowledge of Procurement & Supply Chain processes
* Design, configuration knowledge of Master Data (Material & Vendor Master), Procurement Process, Account Determination & Valuation of Material, Inventory Management, Invoice Verification, Material Requirement Planning
* Configuration and support knowledge of all related user interfaces and the processes and data it supports
* Good experience of configuration and business knowledge of; Warehouse Management, Quality Management, Production Planning, Supply Chain Planning.
* Excellent understanding of configuration dependencies and integration points between separate functional modules of SAP Procurement & Supply Chain (Project Systems/Finance/Timesheets/Ariba/Asset Maintenance/Fleet Operations/HR)
* Conducts or participates in user requirements gathering, blueprinting & documentation designs
* Ensure all Business Processes, Functional specification, Technical specifications, Test scripts and Training documentation are created and up to date
* Ensure compliance to existing standards, and development of required data and reporting standards
* Ensure the integrity of the Procurement & Supply Chain configuration in the SAP systems across multiple landscapes
* Support business implementations by sharing best practice configuration skills
* Conduct configuration changes to accommodate change requests and prototype activities
* Demonstrate proof of concept and assist in training activities
What do I need to do the role?
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* A university degree or relevant experience in Procurement & Supply Chain
* Strong experience of hands-on Procurement & Supply Chain solution lead, configuration and support experience
* Excellent understanding of business processes and integrations within Procurement & Supply Chain and related solutions required to deliver the service
* Integration experience with Logistics, Project Systems, Timesheets, HR, Asset Management and Fleet Operations
* Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
* Management of reporting and change programmes
* Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
* Previous experience as a consultant or customer facing experiences (Internal or External)
* Should be comfortable working in a team and leading when required
* Strong organisational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
* Experience working in an environment where negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills are required
* Desire to improve the current solution
* Focus on delivering customer service and quality solutions
* Experience of Production Planning, Warehouse Management, Quality Management
* Experience or exposure to IT Governance
* Experience of working with large SAP Programmes or SAP System Integrator
* Exposure to ITIL Framework
* Domain Expertise in Engineering & Construction will be a plus
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in Lakeside, Portsmouth. A vibrant and accessible campus that has shops, restaurants, hairdressers and a nursery on site. It has parking for employees and runs a free shuttle bus from city centre trains and bus stops.
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative work patterns at interview.
If you are currently employed by Babcock, please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Job reference: 34472