Planning Analyst - Nottingham - GBP24,000 per annum
A leading educational service provider based in Nottingham, currently requires a Planning Analyst for a permanent opportunity paying up to GBP24,000 per annum.
- Produce high quality sales forecasts at divisional level feeding the inventory and replenishment planning process.
- Achieve optimum stock levels within the constraints of the business plan, minimising stock outs and overstocks.
- Ensure good stock availability to meet the company's service level requirements.
- Identify stock opportunities for promotions, giveaways, and disposal.
- Using the Business Demand Planning tools, analyse and amend product forecasts 24 months into the future, considering demand history, trend, seasonality, product knowledge and market intelligence.
- Take responsibility for forecasting at lead subject, category, and channel level as allocated (all planners have subject and category level responsibilities), gather market intelligence and apply to the forecast.
- Compare the resulting forecast against the Business plan.
- Analyse Forecast accuracy KPIs, take the necessary action to correct under performance.
- Generate requirement plans and inventory projections for the business, as necessary.
- Plan for the successful introduction of new products. Measure the sales performance of new lines weekly in year 1 highlighting any over and under performance, make changes where necessary.
- Take responsibility for forecasting and planning aspects of key business initiatives and marketing activities
- Use the Replenishment Planning tool to evaluate optimal supply of products.
- Support the process for identifying potential items to drop from the business.
- Degree or equivalent, in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or similar
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
- IT literacy skills including Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of MRP based systems is desirable
- Highly numerate with an analytical approach.
- Able to work with large volumes of data.
- Good communication skills.
Please do apply using your most up to date CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 48 hours, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.