Team Performance Leader
Maximus UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Maximus, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management and Revitalised. Maximus UK employs 3,800 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations across England, Scotland and Wales, Maximus UK is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country.
The Team Performance Leader is a Supervisor role within Operations, reporting to the AC (Assessment Centre) Manager.
The role is responsible for the daily management of productivity and quality performance of a team of AC-based employees.
The Team Performance Leader will supervise Clinical Standards Leads, HCPs (Health Care Professionals) and/or AC Administrators. They will allocate and supervise workflow for their reports to ensure HCPs are successfully delivering volume, quality, and relevant service level targets and to ensure admin teams have all paperwork in place to support assessment delivery.
The role supports the AC Manager in their oversight of AC operations and in the delivery of targets. The role may interact with customers, responding to escalated queries and complaints. The role does not conduct assessments or any other clinical or medical activities.
• Daily supervision of a team of HCPs and/or AC Administrators to deliver output and quality targets
• Set challenging personal goals for staff using the CHDA Performance Management Framework
• Deliver team objectives and performance against targets through robust performance management methods
• Administer and report HCP productivity and quality performance to AC manager
• Administer and report on performance management processes of admin staff
• Communicate team objectives and performance against targets
• Lead daily team meetings
• Resolve / escalate team issues and roadblocks
• Investigate and resolve complaints and escalate complaints as required
• Liaise with AC Manager to develop and embed best practices
• Work with Clinical Standards Leads to escalate clinical questions through appropriate channels, communicating resolution back to the HCP team
• Provide admin employees with appropriate mentorship, coaching and reviews to deliver quality services and support career progression
• Effectively and proactively manage absences to minimise ad hoc and ongoing absence
• Other ad hoc duties as required
What we are looking for
Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills
• Able to collaborate effectively with others to drive a performance culture
• Able to supervise work of a team to make sure output and quality expectations are met
• Able to meet workload requirements and use time productively
• Able to deliver accurate work and adhere to established procedures and professional standards
• Able to understand, anticipate and meet immediate and medium-term customer and client needs
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, adapt communication to audience needs, and able to interact constructively with a range of audiences
• Able to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful interactions
• Able to champion direction set by senior management and inspire a team to deliver results
• Able to drive continuous improvement
- 9% combined pension contribution
- A range of lifestyle benefits
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Holiday trade scheme
MAXIMUS is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, MAXIMUS will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.