Training Manager Position
We are a leading and growing vocational training provider seeking an individual to fill the role of Centre & Training Manager at our Manchester Vocational Training Centre. The post manages all operational activities of the training centre including staffing, facilities, and coordination with vendors and suppliers. This involves managing the day to day running of the centre, which specialises in delivering a wide range of regulated and non-regulated vocational courses to a diverse range of young and adult learners. In addition, the successful candidate will also fill the role of cover teaching if required. You will be responsible for the management of the centre and its staff and report directly to the Company Director.
The normal working hours are Monday to Friday from 9 to 5. To be considered for the post you will have a strong background in vocational training and versatile in delivering varied courses across different sectors i.e. Health and Social Care, Apprenticeships, Business Admin/Management, Functional Skills et. You will also have confirmed experience of working in the education or training sector. The focus of the role will be to manage the day to day aspects of a busy training centre and coordinate an engaging and innovative environment for the learners, who will benefit from the providers vocational learning.
- To manage and oversee the day to day running of the Centre.
- Creating individual action plans based on learners needs.
- Liaise with clients and other external organisations.
- Researching new and creative ways to expand the business and engage with learners from different backgrounds and with different abilities.
- Develops corporate training centre strategies and initiatives that reflect the organizations goals.
- Prepares business plans that support the operation of the centre and adhere to budget.
- Supporting teaching staff with any additional support needed for the learners.
- Setting strict Targets and awarding organisation standards for both learners and staff.
- Complete monthly performance reviews and identifying any additional training needs.
- Identifying any challenges or concerns from learners and staff.
- Ensure all learner records are fully compliant in line with national standards and awarding and regulatory body requirements.
- Ensure all procedures and practices are compliant with Health and Safety legislation and Safeguarding requirements.
- Arranging/attending meetings with multidisciplinary teams, both internally and externally.
- Complete and review risk assessments as required.
- Networking with local and other referral partners to promote the vocational programme and its benefits.
- Monitor staff performance and ensure all student outcomes are on target.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation required for verification process.
- Supporting with open days and employer events to provide additional learner opportunities.
- Explore and sign up new business opportunities, completing all documentation accurately.
- Identifying any risks surrounding learner completion/retentions and putting together additional support to overcome barriers for learners.
- Motivating the team to provide a fun, enjoyable and compliant learning environment.
- General quality checks and ensuring that all course content is fully compliant.
- Ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity with the team.
To be successful in the post you should hold the following experience and skills:
- Extensive experience in virtual and face to face learning facilitation
- Qualified and versatile tutor and assessor able to deliver multiple subjects/courses especially health and social care, functional skills etc
- Expert in designing training and development material across a wide range of subjects
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders
- Management of external training partners and awarding organisations, highly desirable
- A proactive, innovative and driven approach to learning facilitation
- Qualified to NVQ Level 5 (or equivalent)
- Leading on a full training needs analysis, seeking to improve knowledge, skills and behaviour that will drive the business forward
- Prior management of similar vocational/educational training setting; 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Seeing the Bigger Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Delivering at Pace
- Recruitment and Learner retention
Why PVG Training?
- Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that truly touch people's lives.
- A world of opportunity: Our UK-wide and global-aimed operations offer unique opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will support you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and encouraging environment.
Interviews will likely be held virtually and/or face to face in late April/early May 2021, with a tentative start date of 1st June 2021.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful applicant must be willing to undergo CRB/DBS checks and be eligible to work in the U.K. and hold a full UK driving licence. References will also be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Start Salary: GBP15,000.00-GBP21,000.00 per year depending on experience (reviewed first 6 months).