HGV Vehicle Technicians
HGV Vehicle Technicians
Based at our Liverpool and Middlewich depots.
The Technician is responsible for carrying out the full range of Inspection, diagnosis, maintenance and repair procedures on HGVs and tankers operated by Abbey Logistics Group.
To work at both VMU or at customer premises as directed by the Shift Supervisor or Workshop Manager.
Working as part of a team, individuals will be encouraged to share best practice and knowledge amongst their colleagues.
Salary £31.8k plus enhanced weekend rate.
To adhere to all current production control processes and procedures.
- Inspection, diagnosis, maintenance and repair of HGVs and tankers operated by Abbey Logistics Group for which the technician is trained, suitably experienced or qualified to work on.
- To undertake all work to a minimum of MOT standard as detailed in MOT Testers Manual/s or vehicle manufacturer publications and manuals
- Application of preventative maintenance routines.
- Continual safe use of all VMU tools, hand-tools, plant and equipment.
- To accurately use and interpret outputs from vehicle diagnostic equipment in line with manufacturer guidelines.
- Ensure standard working process and procedures are followed, and that associated documentation is fully completed as directed
- Strict compliance with relevant Legal and Workshop Policy & procedures in order to protect ALG Vehicle Operator Licences, and ensure the continual road worthiness of vehicles.
- Strict compliance with Abbey Health and Safety procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BTEC National Motor Vehicle Engineer or City & Guilds MVCS Parts 1 and 2 or NVQ Levels 1,2,3 IMI Technical Certificate (or equivalent older C&G qualifications)
- Qualifications achieved through the Armed Forces considered subject to advice.
- Full UK driving licence is essential.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CALL; 03300 552 855 (OPTION 9) OR EMAIL CAREERS@ABBEYLOGISTICSGROUP.COM
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV TO CAREERS@ABBEYLOGISTICSGROUP.COM
WORKING AT ABBEY
Abbey Logistics Group is made up of three industry-leading divisions operating at the highest level in their respective fields. Our business is based on exceptional talent and strong values and our people are the key to our success.
We have a proud record of accomplishment for identifying, attracting and developing the best talent in the logistics sector, which has enabled us to continue moving the business forward, growing with existing customers and attracting new business to the group.
The business is growing rapidly. We are now the UK’s largest bulk food powder and liquids logistics provider and have diversified into other markets as our reputation for excellent customer service, best in class operations and our pro-active can-do spirit has spread.
Joining us is an opportunity to challenge yourself and work in a competitive, exciting and highly rewarding industry.
We have created a positive environment and our people thrive on overcoming challenges and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Apply for HGV Vehicle Technicians
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly