3 days left
- Part Time
Carmarthenshire Counselling Service - Counsellor
Reg with Charity Commission no 1077029
COUNSELLOR Accredited £31,365 (pro rata) £16.08 per hour
Non-Accredited £26,970 (pro rata) £13.83 per hour
12 month contract initially subject to review
The charity has a vacancy for a counsellor, 10hrs per week (2 days a week) to help provide short term solution focused therapy. Initially the counsellor will provide online or telephone counselling until face-to-face resumes and an appropriate venue secured in Carmarthenshire.
1. To offer individual brief intervention counselling to clients of the Service in
accordance with Carmarthenshire Counselling Service protocols and the
BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and
2. To assess suitability of counselling for the client.
3. To make appropriate referrals, if necessary.
4. To organise workload and keep appropriate records.
5. To communicate with GPs and other referrers as appropriate.
6. To liaise and collaborate with other related services.
7. To attend supervision provided by Carmarthenshire Counselling Service.
8. To attend meetings as requested by Carmarthenshire Counselling Service
9. To attend training organised by Carmarthenshire Counselling Service.
10. To continue personal and professional development.
The duties of the post holder may change as determined by the Management
Person Specification Essential
- Qualification to Diploma in Counselling level or equivalent (minimum of 450 hours of training).
- BACP accredited or pursing professional accreditation with BACP
- Experience of work as a Counsellor, either in a voluntary or paid capacity.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have access to a telephone.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings.
- Ability to work in various venues throughout Carmarthenshire.
- Appropriate training in telephone and online counselling
Possess a current driving licence and use of car.
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Knowledge of the counselling and mental health services available in Carmarthenshire.
Closing Date 17th May
Please complete the application form and email it