Operations Manager - East Anglia
Operations Manager - East Anglia
Reporting to: Development Manager
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Flexibility in working hours / days will be required, between 7am - 7pm.
Salary: £26,000 per annum
FareShare is the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 17 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups. We support 10,962 local charities and community groups. Over the past year 24,074 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres and FareShare Go nationwide, our charity network serves 933,578 people every week.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where “No good food goes to waste”.
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect – for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus – on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and achieve the most for our clients/customers.
This role oversees the daily workings of the warehouse operations with accountability for health & safety, food safety, people and logistics to ensure the site meets agreed KPIs and business plans. You will provide leadership and direction to meet ambitious strategic and operational performance targets including oversight and monitoring of performance against budget. You will coordinate with central teams in FSUK and design, manage, deliver and report on specific projects to achieve the overall site strategy. You will manage the Warehouse Manager and other members of the team to ensure the wellbeing of our people and continuity of service for our members. You will lead by example to ensure that targets are met and ensure the continuity of delivery standards within the guidelines of FareShare UK policies and procedures. You will work in partnership with the site’s Regional Development Manager to grow and develop strategies to support our delivery and service excellence.
Main areas of responsibility
- Responsible for excellence in the day-to-day warehouse operations for the site
- Ensure the Warehouse is set up for success with the correct resource, skills, equipment and ways of working that conform to the organisations, government and industry standards
- Ensure that we have the appropriate logistics and resource schedules in place to meet daily delivery needs
- Responsible for food safety and health and safety for the site
- Support in the management of the budget for site and lead your teams to deliver against the plan
- Managing and leading a team of well-trained staff and volunteers to ensure delivery of operational targets to meet agreed KPIs, Service Level Agreements and within approved budgets
- Line management including regular appraisals, mentoring, coaching and supervision
- Liaising with FareShare’s central support teams on human resources, operational, compliance, finance and food teams
- Working with bespoke technology systems, such the warehouse management system and customer relations management system, and support teams to maximise visibility of the warehouse and logistics operations performance across the business
- Support the Regional Development Manager with the strategic planning and delivery of the service
- Operational oversight and control of food volumes, audits, risk assessments, waste management, warehouse processes and systems to meet defined CFM needs
1. Previous experience in warehouse operations and / or FMCG industry
2. Knowledge of H&S in the workplace
3. Knowledge of Diversity and welfare of staff matters (including Mental Health consideration)
4. Able to demonstrate a Team player
5. Able to demonstrate thinking on your feet in a fast moving environment, whilst maintaining excellent relationships with the workforce and other parts of the business
6. Ability to work corporately to the standards sets
7. Proven track record of project management and strategic planning
8. Proven track record of excellent people management
Competencies and behaviours
- QCF Level 3 award in equivalent to any of: HACCP, food hygiene, manual handling or H&S
- Current, clean driving licence and car insured for business use
- Experience of leading a team
- An understanding of and ability to promote equality and diversity
- Leadership of multi-dimensional projects from operational and strategic
- Leadership management skills - including the ability to motivate and develop people to deliver high levels of performance
- High level communication skills and ability to engage at all levels with diverse stakeholders
- Developing long term partnerships with external stakeholders in achieving strategic goals
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and demonstrable risk assessment capabilities
If you would like to apply for this role, please select the apply button and submit your CV and Cover Letter and Equal Opportunities form by the 7th May 2021.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.