Sales Specialist - Wales
At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 36 million users in 15 countries saving more than 68 million meals from going to waste - that’s more than 170,000 tons of CO2e saved! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional Sales Specialist to join our remote team, working on the ground to grow our presence in South Wales, which is an area with high untapped potential.
Above all, in this role you'll be a hunter. You're hungry to build connections and grow our community of food waste warriors by signing up convenience stores, bakeries, takeaways, restaurants, cafes and local food retailers. You’re the first contact person of the store and will be doing a lot of business development, primarily on the phone, email, social media and store visits (depending on restrictions). You will introduce potential partners to the world of Too Good To Go, train them how to use the app and advise them on finding the best possible solution for food waste. You will work with the team to research the market to find interesting prospects, identify decision-makers and generate interest in Too Good To Go.
WHAT WE NEED:
- Confident relationship builders who can quickly connect and empathize with potential partners (restaurants, cafes and more)
- Experienced cold-callers - these days we are heavily reliant on making outreach over the phone so you need be to used to high volumes of calls
- Excellent listeners who can understand a client's needs and can present our proposition with clarity and passion
- Proactive business development calling new prospects with the tenacity to succeed even when things get a little tough
- Team players, who embrace the overall purpose of Too Good To Go and are ready to embody our values to be passionate, growth-minded, resourceful and creative
- Independent executors, who can prioritize workload while communicating clearly and openly with their manager
- Consistent and impact-focused performance that hits individual and company targets
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- At least 12 months’ experience in a sales role or a role with sales-related skills, preferably in the food retail industry
- Good knowledge of the South Wales region, with particular focus on the food retail and hospitality industries
- Experience cold-calling, demonstrating the resilience and motivation to achieve high call volumes
- A genuine passion for the mission
- Excellent calling skills
- High energy and self-motivation
- First class communication skills - from listening to presenting ideas and persuading
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Driven not only by individual performance but also by the desire to see your team succeed
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 950 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary with opportunity for uncapped performance-related individual and team bonuses
- 25 days of annual leave, in addition to UK Bank Holidays
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off as well
- Private business health insurance, with numerous perks and well-being benefits
HOW TO APPLY
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.