Lead Software Developer / Engineer
Lead Software Developer / Engineer
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire (flexible working available and home-based during COVID)
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
Closing Date - Tuesday 11th May 2021
The CMI works with business and education to inspire people to unleash their potential and become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders. In fact, CMI has more than 60,000 people training to be better leaders right now across our partnership network in the UK and internationally.
Backed by a unique Royal Charter, CMI is the only organisation able to award Chartered Manager status - the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
CMI’s thought leadership, research, events and online resources provide practical insight about critical issues for its 100,000 plus members and any professional looking to improve their results; create diverse high-performing teams and nurture the next generation of managers and leaders. #BetterManagers.
We have an exciting vacancy for experienced Lead Software Developers/Engineers at CMI to support our tech team with integrating new services (applications and infrastructure) into our existing portfolio, modernising legacy platforms and enabling our move to the cloud. The role collaborates closely with both tech and business colleagues across a variety of requirements & workstreams.
- Providing hands-on technical leadership and line management to a small group of engineers.
- Scoping & creating integrated solutions as part of a focused delivery team operating Scrum.
- Interacting with colleagues, stakeholders and vendors across various projects & work streams.
- Keeping up with trends around current & new technologies and proposing new approaches where opportunities lie.
- Coordinates testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues.
Who we are looking for:
- Competent in application design/architecture, integration architecture development, and enterprise application integration
- Experience of programming for organisational projects
- Qualifications in a computing-related subject, or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical, communication & team working skills
- Understands software testing processes
- Builds a collaborative working relationship with various internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and driving business outcomes
- Good time management skills with the ability to cope with changing priorities
- Confident to ask questions - over the phone, email or face to face (as necessary)
- Someone who will live CMI’s values, professional, passionate, progressive and practical
- Commercial Programming experience in a similar organisation or sector.
Benefits Overview and GDPR
Coming to work at CMI not only means joining a dynamic and ambitious organisation, it also means collaborating and sharing a passion for our mission. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives.
We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer offering an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development. Not forgetting our dog friendly offices! Some of our competitive benefits include 32 1/2 days’ holiday, flexible approach to working, CMI membership, healthcare cash plan and stakeholder pension scheme to name a few! Our Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People, awarded in 2020, shows just how passionate we are about creating a supportive and inclusive space for everyone in the CMI family.
As part of our recruitment process, we will share information relevant to your application, including your name, current role, CV and other data you may have provided us with, with internal hiring managers. We will use this data for the purpose of recruitment only. We may also access your publically available profiles (eg Linkedin) to support your application.
Once the vacancy has been filled, your data will be retained for 4 weeks, after which your data will be destroyed, unless we contact you to request otherwise. By submitting an application for a vacancy with CMI you are agreeing for your data to be shared in this way.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.
#jobs #NowHiring #LeadSoftwareDeveloper #SeniorSoftwareEngineer #implementations #switches #routers #testing #applicationintegration #infrastructure #Corby #Northamptonshire