1 day left
- Full Time
Apollo is a leading supplier of chemical intermediates to the Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical and Fine chemical industries. Our reputation has been built on providing a high quality service including the manufacturing of novel fluorochemicals and heterocyclic building blocks that are competitively priced.
We require a Lab Technician to join our Warehouse team at our Denton Site. Duties include: dispensing and repackaging of research chemicals. A numeric and methodical approach is required. Ideally we are looking for a candidate with experience in a similar role, however we will consider applicants with a similar skillset.
Responsibilities of our Lab Technicians:
- Have the ability to identify and implement appropriate procedures detailed in the working procedures & SOP’s
- Dispense chemicals into receptacles whilst working in the fume hood
- Produce product labels for bottled chemicals
- Ensure all new items going into stock are labelled and packaged correctly (safely).
- Apply good housekeeping practices, taking responsibility for assigned tasks and adherence to the 5s Principles (Sort, Set, Shine, Standardise & Sustain)
- Adhere to the all departmental policies, procedures and SOP’s including the wearing of the appropriate PPE for the task.
- NVQ Level 2 Performing Manufacturing Operations, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Chemical Handling and hazard identification.
- Able to engage effectively with colleagues to complete tasks/duties efficiently & successfully.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Anticipating potential issues or consequences & identifying contingency action/s.
- Experience of Athena & SAP Business One
- Experience in dispensing chemical, accurate measurement and labelling.
- Hours- 37½ hours per week, Monday to Friday (8am-4pm during training, 9am-5pm after probation period with ½hour lunch break plus a morning and afternoon tea break).
- Competitive starting salary depending on experience.
- Bonus- Company performance related paid twice a year.
- Pension- Group personal pension (company contribution of 7.5%, employees 5%).
- Holidays- 24 days per year plus bank holidays (increases with length of service).
- Free on-site parking is also available
To apply, please send your CV to see below
- The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.
- Complete our pre-employment security checks on receipt of offer.
- Please note applications and enquiries from agencies will not be considered.
Applications close Friday 14th May 2021 but may close earlier if a sufficient number of applications are received.
Apply for Lab Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly