Domestic Assistant (Housekeeping/Care) - Weekends
Responsible To Registered Manager
Responsible For Own Practice
Brief Description of Role
This job involves helping to provide a safe, pleasant, clean environment and the provision of quality services. It involves various tasks that are essential to making the home a comfortable place to live. It requires the ability to provide high standards along with the need to relate to colleagues and people who reside here.
Key Result areas:-
- To attend work reliably and punctually.
- To attend any training as required and take part in a positive manner.
- Know where Hatzfeld Care Ltd policies are kept and to be aware of and follow procedures.
- To be observant and do everything possible to protect clients and others from any type of abuse. This includes the need to report any incident of this type you witness, hear about or suspect.
- To carry out all tasks according to any schedule of work and to the standards set out.
- To maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- To control stock and place orders with suppliers in a timely manner, take delivery of stock and store appropriately.
- To use all material in an effective and economic way.
- To clearly and promptly keep any required records
- To play a full part in building good relationships with other staff and residents.
- To contribute to good communication by checking communication logs, notice boards, diaries and your staff folder each time you are on duty to check for information you need to know, attending meetings and making sure you inform other people of things that are likely to be useful to them in their jobs.
- To use all equipment and materials in a safe way, according to COSHH regulations and home policies, making sure that residents do not get hold of harmful tools or substances whilst you are using them. This responsibility includes ensuring that everything is securely stored in the correct place after use.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and that of others. This implies taking positive steps to understand the hazards in the workplace, to comply with safety rules and procedures and to ensure that nothing you do, or fail to do puts you or others at risk. This includes contributing to a safe and secure environment for clients.
- To only use cleaning products, equipment and chemicals provided by the company.
- To carry out, as and when required any additional tasks and responsibilities as are reasonably compatible with this job description and its objectives.