Head of Security
Head of Security
Banbridge, Co. Down
In conjunction with WarnerMedia, Linen Mill Studios have developed the world’s only licensed Game of Thrones studio tour at their Banbridge studios where a significant proportion of the globally renowned series was filmed.
Through a superlative interactive experience, this brand new ‘world class’ attraction will immerse guests in the fantasy and intrigue surrounding the series. An unparalleled presentation of original sets, costumes and artefacts, together with insights into the skills and creativity necessary to make Game of Thrones, will deliver an exceptional guest experience and an understanding of the quality of production in what remains one of the most watched tv series of all.
Our team will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the Game of Thrones studio tour is internationally recognised as a must-see attraction, by placing the guest experience foremost in their actions and by making an important contribution to our mission, vision and values.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a committed and enthusiastic team at management level with responsibility for delivering a project that celebrates and protects the artistic heritage of this landmark series.
We welcome people who are professional, will join us in working flexibly, being cheerful and ensuring our guests are enchanted by the tour and safe within its environment.
As the Head of security, you will oversee all Game of Thrones Studio Tour security matters. This will include physical security, access control, risk assessments and investigations.
Working across all business units, you will instil a strong security culture, identify security vulnerabilities and implement strategies to mitigate these. You will clearly define security objectives and standards, ensuring that guests, employees, third parties and facilities and assets are protected at all times.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Acting as the Information Data Controller for the security strategy
- Maintaining strong operational links to public and emergency services and contractors
- Managing third party outsourced services as they relate to security
- Reviewing, analysing and reporting on changes to security rules, best practice and regulations
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory requirements
To be considered as the Head of Security, you will need:
- At least five years security management experience ideally in events, hospitality or large public venue industry
- Significant experience at senior security management level and proven experience in direct management of a security team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and self-motivate
- The ability to motivate and lead a multi-functional team of in-house and third-party providers and to appraise and performance manage individuals
- The ability to take ownership and accountability for the security and must remain constantly alert for areas that need improvement and innovation
- Level-headed approach, the ability to thrive under pressure, impeccable judgement and have the ability to work without supervision
- A full, clean, UK Driving licence and have access to a motor vehicle
Appropriate training, including anti-terrorism and CCTV, would be beneficial to your application. SIA membership, BSIA, IPSA or FSA affiliation would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Chief Security Officer, Head Security Officer, Security Consultant, Senior Security Manager, or Head of Security Operations.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
This is a unique opportunity to join an amazing organisation and contribute to shaping the work we do. You will play a key, leading role in both the development of the attraction and its ongoing safety, security and success.
So, if you are a high calibre security professional with strong management capabilities and an excellent leadership style, this is a rare opportunity you will not want to miss.
To apply for the role of Head of Security, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.