Leigh Court, Near Bristol (currently home based due to COVID restrictions)
Business West is a not-for-profit company with 200 staff and a turnover of GBP12 million, of which around 70% comes from Government and European funded contracts. 21,000 businesses trust us to help them start, grow, innovate and export - as well as lobby government on their behalf. Profits are reinvested back into the business in order to achieve our mission.
The People and Skills Team are a growing area of Business West that deliver two key programmes across the region. Workforce for the Future is a new business skills and training support service being delivered on behalf of the West of England Combined Authority and European Social Fund. Kickstart is a DWP funded employment programme that helps 16 - 25-year-olds gain work experience through paid job placements.
We're currently looking for a Programme Co-ordinator to join us on a full-time basis and support the delivery of Workforce for the Future and Kickstart.
- Salary of GBP23,000 - GBP26,000 per annum DOE
- Laptop and mobile phone
- BHSF health cash plan scheme
- Life cover (x4 salary)
- 25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years' service)
- Your birthday off
- 2 volunteer days each year
- Subscription to Headspace
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated administrator or co-ordinator to support programmes that are empowering SMEs to develop their future workforce and creating job opportunities for unemployed young people throughout the region.
You will have the chance to help shape activity across the programmes, including workshops, events and digital resources, making this the perfect role in which to broaden your skill set and develop your career.
Business West is one of the Sunday Times' best not-for-profit organisations to work for and we provide a supportive environment in which to build your career. We offer great benefits, offices in a beautiful Grade II listed building and a culture where employees are valued and celebrated.
As a Programme Co-ordinator, you will support the delivery of Workforce for the Future and Kickstart across the region.
Working closely with the Head of Skills, you will lead on providing co-ordination and administrative support for both programmes, ensuring they are delivered to a high standard and in compliance with relevant regulations.
Some of your duties will involve:
- Liaising with all partners involved in programme delivery
- Organising meetings and following up on actions
- Resolving any delivery-related queries from businesses taking part in the programmes
- Ensuring that business information is collated and recorded on the CRM system
- Providing administrative support to the Business Skills Advisors when required
To join us as a Programme Co-ordinator, you'll need:
- Previous experience as an administrator or co-ordinator
- Experience of communicating with key stakeholders and partners
- Previous experience of working with a team in a flexible working environment
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office (particularly Word and Excel), Teams and management information systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
Knowledge of the business and skills landscape would be beneficial, as would experience of working in the third and/or employability sectors. Experience of working with public service contracts or ESF funded programmes would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Programme Administrator, Project Co-ordinator, Employment Skills Programme Co-ordinator, Employment Programme Co-ordinator, Senior Project Administrator, or Programme Officer.
Business West is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make the best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Programme Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday