Cotteswold Dairy have an exciting opportunity for an inspirational Depot Manager to join our team at our new Depot in Hereford. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis and in return, receive a competitive salary.
Hours: 48 hours per week, Monday to Friday and working every other Saturday
Established in 1938, Cotteswold Dairy is one of the UK's leading independent, family-owned dairies. We support local farmers and communities by delivering the freshest, finest quality products and first-class customer service.
About the Depot Manager role:
Responsible for all aspects of the Hereford Depot operations, through effective people management, development, site leadership and delivering excellent customer service within the operational budget.
Main duties and responsibilities of our Depot Manager role:
- Participate in the commercial process including defining the service, development of products, offers, promotions and negotiating contracts and building close working relationships with customers;
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Manage all cash handling and payment processes;
- Manage the stock/product ordering process including stocktaking, auditing and discrepancy analysis and investigation;
- Apply LEAN Management to all processes and procedures to increase efficiency and eradicate waste;
- Work closely with the HR Manager, be responsible for the recruitment, induction, development, and appraisal of all Depot staff;
- Set clear goals and targets for direct reports through the personal development process, recognise good performance and professionally manage poor performance;
- Regularly review and define the capability and succession planning required in the team and generate career progression opportunities for individuals who have the potential to develop;
- Maintain positive and resourceful customer relationships;
- Drive operational efficiencies and business growth;
- Work closely with other business stakeholders to drive the business strategy;
- Take a focussed approach to food safety and regulatory compliance;
- To have a thorough understanding of all roles within the Depot;
- Attend regular management meetings at Head Office, Tewkesbury and other venues as per Directors' requirements;
- Any other duties as required by the Directors.
Skills and attributes, we're looking for in our Depot Manager:
- Confident and articulate, commanding respect through knowledge experience and personal style;
- A passion for service and strong customer focus;
- A coaching and supportive leadership style, with the ability to motivate and engage staff to drive performance to achieve objectives;
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation including H&S;
- Ability to lead by example;
- Experience of budget management and achieving cost and service targets;
- Possessing a positive attitude with high levels of commitment, motivation and flexibility;
- Taking a "hands-on" approach when business needs require;
- Excellent time keeping skills;
- Ability to thrive under pressure whilst managing multiple priorities and working to critical deadlines and objectives;
- High levels of accuracy, precision and detail;
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Good level of numeracy, verbal and written skills educated to a minimum of A' Level standard or equivalent.
- Driving Licence up to Class C;
- Management Qualification;
- Evidence of demonstrable relevant knowledge of Human Resources (HR) and man-management processes.
Benefits of becoming our Depot Manager:
- Competitive salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 30 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Employee shop - discounted products and potential free delivery
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - 6.5% Employer contribution
- Free car parking
Closing Date: Friday 9th April 2021
If you would like to join our team as our new Depot Manager then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect our policy of no cold calling. Previous applicants need not apply.