Sales Ledger Manager
Sales Ledger Manager - Full Time
Head Office - Knottingley, West Yorkshire
Reporting to the Group Head of Finance and working with the finance team, you will be responsible for all aspects of income generation and credit control for the organisation.
We are looking for someone who has at least 3 years of experience in Sales Ledger and Credit Control functions. You will possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills, as well as experience working with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and accounts packages. A sound knowledge of reconciling and balancing monthly accounts is essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of Sales Ledger and Credit Control functions.
- Allocate and oversee workload.
- Manage input to Sales Ledger, ensuring invoices are produced and issued within correct timescales. Reconcile and balance monthly reports.
- Monthly reconciliation of Income for production of the Management Accounts.
- Responsibility for the Credit Control function. Monitor collection of outstanding accounts.
- Develop new systems as and when necessary and monitor all current working methods. Visit external offices to problem solve and train Managers in implementation of new systems.
- Investigate and resolve income queries. Communicate with Local Authorities, Care Managers and Service Users' families, including personal visits where necessary.
- Liaise with Directors, Heads of Operations, Area Managers and Managers to set up new contracts and to ensure correct rates are charged.
- Apply annual inflationary increases. Liaise with Local Authorities to ensure correct level of percentage increases. Write to Service Users, their families and Care Managers informing them of new rates. Gather information regarding updated Benefit rates along with information about Housing Benefit.
- Participate in Team Meetings leading from Sales Ledger perspective.
- Developing team of 3 with excellent performance and efficient processes.
- Comply with organisational policies and procedures at all times.
- Embrace the organisation's commitment to recognising, respecting and responding to the principles of diversity in respect of all stakeholders.
- To understand and comply with responsibilities arising from Health and Safety at Work legislation.
- To respect and adhere to the policies of Confidentiality and Data Protection.
- To undertake appropriate training and development activities.
- Ensure best practice and continuous development of systems.
- To undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the post.
We have a great range of benefits which include:-
- 4% employer pension contribution
- 2 x salary life cover
- 20 to 25 days annual leave plus banks holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Real reward benefit platform
- Salary finance loans
- Salary advances
- 24/7 GP service
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please feel free to apply or get in touch if you have any questions to or call to speak to a member of the HR team.
Please note that initial contact with applicants will usually be by email, so please check all of your email folders regularly, including your junk mail folders.
Real Life Options are an equal opportunities employer. We seek to recruit, train and promote the best person for the job, to make full use of the talents and resources of all our people and to craft a working environment free from unlawful discrimination, victimisation and harassment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
If you have a disability, a learning difficulty, a medical condition or individual need that you believe may affect your performance in selection, we'll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes to enable you to perform at your best so please do let us know.