Milton Keynes - GBP32,000 Basic - Permanent - Full Time
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK's leading housing and care providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund, and implement their placemaking ambitions.
We provide tailored rapid-response and planned maintenance services through partnering arrangements with more than 70 local authorities, Arm's Length Management Organisations and Housing Associations.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Disrepair Supervisor to join our disrepair team, with responsibility for managing all properties across this part of our contract.
In order to be successful, you will have excellent, communication skills and experience of working in a building and/or housing maintenance environment. You will deliver excellent customer service and health & safety standards and have a right first-time attitude.
- Supervise and manage the disrepair trade operatives and contractors
- Manage the inspection, maintenance, and repair of properties in order to ensure that properties are repaired/maintained with a first-time fix approach.
- Supervision of the contract ensuring that all operatives are working efficiently and productively
- Ensuring that suppliers/subcontractor works are carried out accordingly and in a timely manner meeting all contract KPI targets
- Liaising with the customers and dealing with any queries or issues which may arise
- Ensuring works are completed on time and to a high-quality standard
- Ensure all client's expectations are achieved
- Ensure that paperwork and reports are fully completed and submitted in-line with the Company procedure
- Driving from site to site as part of the daily duties
- Be jointly responsible for ensuring the workplace is tidy and safe
- Attend inspections where necessary
What you need to have:
- Previous experience within Housing maintenance or similar.
- Experience leading and motivating a team of trade operatives
- Experience of working in partnership with a Local Authority Client, with management experience in a similar operation.
- IT Skills
- Health & Safety knowledge.
- Disrepair experience
What's in for you?
- Basic salary - GBP32,000
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
For further information please contact Jake Talbot, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further.