Reed in Partnership's mission is to positively transform people and their communities. We are a public service provider specialising predominately in delivering employment services across the UK. We have also diversified our business across a number of other sectors. This role will specifically be working on our DVSA programme delivering the Theory Test Centre service.
The Auditor reporting to the Audit Manager will assist on the implementation, development and integration of an audit function across the business' portfolio of government and public-sector contracts. Integral to this will be the development and implementation an audit framework that supports the business and ensures processes, policies, legislative requirements and procedures are in place, are followed and can be evidenced.
- Provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting service designed to add value and improve the operation of the business.
- Ensuring the Audit Function offers an effective and consistent control and monitoring strategy that is embedded throughout the business.
- Considering audit findings, reviewing the company's processes, policies, procedures and systems to ensure completeness, accuracy and fitness for purpose and making written recommendations for improvement.
- Establish, maintain or support risk assessments to identify and assess the material risks that arise around the area of responsibility.
- Facilitate, manage and prepare the business fully for external visits, such as DWP Provider Assurance (PAT) visits.
- Conduct investigations in accordance with the company's control structure, anti-fraud strategy and response plan.
- Contribute to the overall agenda of cultivating a culture of individual responsibility throughout the business through the sharing of technical knowledge and ensuring a training element is fully designed and embedded for both new contracts and improving existing provision.
- Adopt and encourage a culture of continuous improvement across the business, through processes, relationships and use of technology.
- Assist with managing key relationships within customer and third-party audit, inspection, and quality assurance departments.
- Working with our compliance and validation functions to ensure all internal standards and requirements are understood, communicated and met fully.
- To promote and embed the company's corporate governance stance and risk management policies by helping to design training and support that ensures requirements are clearly understood and monitored.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Exposure to and understanding of contractual requirements within provision/services commissioned by government bodies.
- Experience of working within a monitoring, continuous improvement, internal audit, contract management, compliance or comparable function.
- Experience of providing a high-quality advisory and guidance service to internal customers
- Demonstrable experience of management of multiple (in tandem) projects.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of excel; and intermediate knowledge of other Office packages
- Exposure and understanding of contractual requirements of at least DWP or ESFA provision e.g. evidence performance, validation requirements etc.
- Experience of IT systems design and implementation
- Exposure to compliance, audit, or quality functions with high profile Government
- Ability to quickly understand contractual requirements and support a control framework
- An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise verbal and written reports.
- Experience of working in a collaborative manner with operational teams, whilst maintaining independence, integrity and confidentiality.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation, including the production and delivery of high quality presentation to internal and external customers
- Demonstrable experience of assisting in the production of reporting and information to strict reporting deadlines.
- Exemplary organisational and time management skills, including the ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of business and commercial awareness
- A proactive and flexible, 'can do' attitude
- Willingness to work away from home base, as required (this will mean staying overnight)
Disability Confident Commitment:
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.