Senior Learning & Development Advisor
If you want to work for a team highly regarded for their knowledge, expertise and quality, who are leading a culture of continuous development across the firm, then AG Learning and Development is the team for you.
Our vision is to support the firm in achieving its strategic objectives through the creation and embedding of innovative and impactful learning paths, where everyone has the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
Our work is constantly evolving, to mirror the internal and external environment, so you will have huge scope to be involved in a number of projects across the firm, working collaboratively with the rest of the team, whilst having the autonomy to develop your own projects and processes.Purpose of the Role
This role, will be based in the learning and development team, with a dotted line into the Business Development Director. It is a new role, created to support the design and delivery of training relating to business development. Specifically aligned as learning partner for business development, the role holder will work with partners and teams to support the embedding of a Business Development culture and understanding at all levels. As a learning and development role there will also be opportunities to work on other learning projects, and the delivery of non BD training, which vary depending on the needs of the business.
This role will cement the fusion of learning and business development, and as lead in this space there is huge scope for you to take ownership of your work, designing and delivering training to a wide audience. The core elements of the role include;
Business Partnering / Learning Needs Analysis / Stakeholder management
- Partnering with the Business Development team and Heads of Sector to understand and identify the BD knowledge and skills needed across the firm.
- Selection and establishment of strong relationships with high quality external experts, to support the delivery of learning paths, ensuring maximum value for the business
- Working with Partners and teams, across all offices internationally, on specific elements of business development to support an increase in knowledge and understanding in this area.
- Supporting BD in the bids process by answering client questions about the learning strategy and value at Addleshaw Goddard.
Design & Delivery
- Own the design and delivery of Business Development elements of the core learning curriculum
- Lead the design, development and delivery of the Firm's Career Development Programmes from a business development perspective, consulting with the BD team to create scenarios which provide true to life practise and experience
- Design and creation of innovative and impactful learning solutions to achieve the skills and knowledge identified in business partnering meetings.
- Design & facilitate bespoke team sessions where required
- Curate and design engaging BD modules and blended learning pathways, mapping business development online modules with new and existing programmes
Coaching and Embedding a BD Culture
- Provide coaching to individuals across the business to support them as they develop their BD skills and knowledge
- Work with an external provider to rollout Sales Culture training to all partners, taking ownership for the training modules to continue the rollout across the firm.
- Support teams of Partners to embed a sales culture, focused on relationship growth and being client shaped.
- Support and involvement in wider strategic projects, taking the lead on specific elements or projects as required
- Experience and understanding of business development strategies and models
- Ability to build and grow relationships, as an internal learning partner for Business development, and with external suppliers and stakeholders
- Able to clearly articulate recommendations and influence stakeholders across the firm, using both excellent communication skills and knowledge of relevant learning interventions
- A proven track record of designing and delivering course modules and programmes, adapting design and approach to suit audience, delivery channel and environment
- Experience of coaching internally (coaching qualification desirable but not necessary)
- Knowledge and experience of working with a Learning Management System
- Experience or qualifications relating to Learning and business development
- Strong Microsoft office skills and comfortable working with systems
AG is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of a person's gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to having a diverse team and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities, particularly those from underrepresented demographics. We want our recruitment practices to be as inclusive as possible, so please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process to help you perform to your best.