The B&S Group is a privately-owned pharmaceutical company which manufactures and distributes pharmaceutical and healthcare products to the UK market. Established in 1999 we offer a wide range of products and services which includes specials, generic drugs, branded medicines, parallel trade and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. Having undergone two acquisitions since 2010, we are continuing to strengthen and grow.
To purchase healthcare products required by the Company at the optimum quality and price to meet customer requirements.
- Negotiate the purchase of products and quantities set out in the Company portfolio, ensuring that these meet specifications and can be delivered at the correct time at the most favourable prices.
- Order the right mix of products (easy and hard lines) to get both volume and margin.
- Maintain and manage up-to-date lists of suppliers/customers and pricing arrangements to ensure that the Company achieves the most favourable commercial terms.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers/customers and products to ensure that they meet the required standards on time delivery, quality, quantity and cost of suppliers.
- Improve and develop the business relationship with current suppliers as well as sourcing new ones.
- You will work at a strategic level with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to optimise the value delivered for the whole B & S Group.
- Managing and controlling all the company's external suppliers with emphasis on the purchase of materials and finished parts for production.
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Foster close working relationships with all departments
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend.
- Carry out Supplier visits both in the UK and abroad. Such visits may be at very short notice.
- Conducts market analysis, negotiation and contracting activities with suppliers based on strategic aspects
- Perform a comprehensive review of the Purchasing function and its methodology and identify and implement improvements.
- Manages risk through robust due diligence practices in alignment with existing guidance and processes.
- Maintain an awareness of quantities of stocks to ensure that shortages are avoided.
- Research on new products and licenses obtained (prices, availability, usage) as per request.
- Any Other Duties as required.
Essentials Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a Purchasing role, gained within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
- Experience of Purchasing bespoke, pharmaceutical products including scheduled deliveries.
- Management and coordination of Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality performance.
- Coordinating and managing resolutions to Supplier Quality concerns, ensuring timely and effective containment and long-term resolution of each concern.
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering cost savings and other added value.
- Excellent stakeholder management, and with senior level exposure.
- Valid passport for travel
- Able to work in a target driven environment
- Can work independently whilst being part of a team