Regional Account Manager
About the role:
Wolseley UK are looking for a Regional Account Manager to join the P&H Private & Domestic Sales Team. This role will be to develop and achieve sales, gross margin targets and best in class Customer Service & Communication for a specified geographical allocation of Customers for your region together with the consistent implementation of Company policies and procedures. To achieve outstanding performance and look to offer innovation and the full Plumbing & heating Wolseley proposition to our Customer base.
The geographical area you will cover is East Midlands/Central - Derby down to Reading.
You will be responsible for:
- Identify and develop new and existing major accounts to maximise the growth of sales and margin.
- Maximises sales, GP, growth and cash flow by effective debtor management. Contributes to budgeting process and provides statistical information as required
- Integrate with a strong sales culture, build close relationships with Customers, within the branch network and contribute to regional development strategy
- Ensure outstanding customer care through customers and branches to realise market potential; ensure regular personal face to face meetings with allocated and large regional customers
- Supports the Regional Sales Managers to inspire and motivate the sales team to achieve objectives and foster team working. Mentor where appropriate.
- Ensures effective communication levels are implemented and maintained
- Ensure that appropriate technical information is provided to staff, to avoid duplication, and to improve effectiveness
- Encourage and develop cross brand and cross division relationships where opportunities are presented
- Drive the implementation and use of Salesforce.com establish highest standards of sales management and customer care.
- Support regional teams/ branches on training, targets, and terms within the regions.
- Domestic, Renewable or Commercial Plumbing & Heating Experience would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of operating as an account manager, working across a multi-branch network.
- Has demonstrated clear capability in managing complex issues and delivered sustainable results.
- Exceptional sales and customer relationship building skills
- Significant sales experience within the industry with a proven track record of delivery
- Exceptional communication skills with strong responsibility and accountability for delivery of a business strategy. Help to create an environment where people can perform, able to challenge the management team, and focus them on what's right for the business.
- IT knowledge and skills, to support generation of management information to support decision making, and enable decisions to be made lower down in the organisation.
- Good understanding of competitors, and their limitations;
- Strong future thinking, out of the box thinking - able to identify new opportunities and markets;
- Ability to identify and understand business opportunities, and to build long term relationships with customers on this basis;
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to succeed in your role, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car
- Holiday - 23 days
Wolseley UK is the country's largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant and we aim to be the first-choice specialist merchant for trade customers.
We supply 180,000 different products to over 100,000 customers every year. Join us and you'll be part of a team that gets the right products to customers at the right price, in the right place, and at the right time. You'll also enjoy extensive training and an award-winning pension and great rewards.