As a result of our expansion plans and our continued ongoing success we are seeking a BI Developer to join our Business Intelligence Department, to be based at our Head Office in Plymouth.
The BI Developer will join an expanding Business Intelligence department and will be involved in the front-end development of reports. Using existing Datasets, you will work closely with stakeholders to articulate requirements, create reports and provide analysis based on Business Priorities. You will be using BI tools such as PowerBI and Excel to create and present data to members at all levels of the business.
Whilst working in this role you will develop skills in PowerBI, Excel, DAX and BI in general which are all valuable in a growing industry.
- Spec out and create reports based on business requirements and best practice.
- Understand the layout and content of Datasets to ensure reports are created using the most suitable data.
- Ensure reports are visually pleasing and easy to use.
- Keep reports up to date based on best practice.
- Provide users with an overview of the report upon release and after any further developments.
- Ability to create ad hoc reports and analysis when required.
- Present reports and data to senior members of the business.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and extensive use of Excel is required.
- Experience using; PowerBI, SQL, DAX, PowerPivot would be advantageous but not essential.
- Analytical and commercially minded.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong prioritisation and timekeeping skills to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills whilst working on projects.
- Creative thinker.
- Business Intelligence Manager
- BI Senior Developer
- Margin Protection Department
- Buying Departments
- Supply Chain
Hours: Monday - Friday 08.45am to 5.30pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon