Night Shift Fitter
Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We're no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we're committed to providing new solutions to today's social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Night Shift Fitter to join our team on our South Holmwood site in Beare Green, Dorking.
The successful candidate will be providing plant wide maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Providing plant wide maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
- Monitor & supply Engineering support of machine set-up & changeovers to ensure that the product conforms to any quality assurance standards and ensuring changeovers are as efficient as possible.
- Daily liaison with the Engineering Manager/Technical & Production Manager to ensure that all production maintenance requirements are undertaken.
- As a member of the Engineering team promote the development and implementation of the Factory IMS & CMMS system.
- Design, fabrication and machining of parts and structures to service the needs of the business.
- As a member of the engineering department applying rigorous application of TPM Tools & Techniques to generate Continuous Improvement throughout all areas of the Factory.
- As a member of the Engineering team applying the 5S principles to deliver world-class standards of housekeeping.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship and Qualification.
- Completed an apprenticeship in Engineering (Dual Disciplined or Mechanical bias).
- Flexible & self-motivated working attitude.
- Numerate & literate.
- Pneumatics, hydraulics, bench fitting and welding skills.
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to fault find, repair and provide solutions to problems.
- Computer literate.
Ibstock PLC are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.