Assessor Trainer in Childcare & Specialist Support
We are recruiting for an Assessor Trainer in Childcare & Specialist Supportin Teaching and Learning to join our dedicated team at our Chichester campus. You will join us on a full-time, fixed term contract and in return, you will receive a competitive rate of GBP21,087 - GBP23,045 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based, and Haywards Heath which is due to open in September 2020. Through our Colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Assessor Trainer in Childcare & Specialist Supportin Teaching and Learning, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more
About the Assessor Trainer in Childcare & Specialist Supportin Teaching and Learning role:
You will support the development of learners' knowledge, skills and behaviours throughout their programme and apply theoretical and practical learning in practical work environments.
Responsibilities of our Assessor Trainer in Childcare & Specialist Supportin Teaching and Learning:
- Supporting the learners' development of vocational competence and the wider skills that relate to employability
- Training and/or assessing learners within the relevant vocational area to awarding organisation standards in a timely manner
- Applying relevant initial and diagnostic assessment to individualised training plans
- Agreeing a training programme of development and assessment in partnership with the employer, setting realistic but challenging goals that meet the learners' and employers' needs, and including on and off the job training where required
- Actively listening, providing feedback and engaging learners in planning their individualised training programme through coaching and mentoring; supporting the delivery and achievement of additional qualifications as required
- Assessing learners' competence in relation to work-related/industry standards
- Providing work-based practice of the assessment instruments in the EPA where required, give timely and constructive feedback on assessment outcomes and progress, review and set new targets with candidates
- Completing relevant documentation in an accurate and organised manner, ensuring candidates are monitored and assessed against awarding body standards
- Meeting regularly with relevant curriculum and pastoral staff to ensure candidate progress is updated
- Attending regular standardisation/team meetings, as required
- Meeting regularly with the Lead IQA to ensure learner progress is updated
What we're looking for in our Assessor Trainer in Childcare & Specialist Supportin Teaching and Learning:
- A subject-relevant Level 3 (or above) qualification and a Level 3 Assessor award
- A PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification is desirable
- Up to date knowledge of the Childcare and Specialist Support in Teaching and Learning sector and experience of working within this sector
- Experience of communicating with a diverse range of learners and using a range of assessment techniques to prepare them for timely end-point assessment
Closing date: 15 April 2021
Interview date: 29 April 2021
Click 'apply' now to be considered as our Assessor Trainer in Childcare & Specialist Supportin Teaching and Learning, we'd love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.