UK Software Development Developer - Senior 39035
Experian is a leading global information services company that unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and societies across the world.
During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 16,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
• Facilitate and contribute to story evolution; from conversation starters through to true Definition of Done implementations.
• Active participation in Scrum rituals, with an emphasis on iterative improvement and shared team goals.
• Promotion of best practice development within the team. Contributing to development model, challenging and improving existing processes.
• Actively review work of other team members in whole team approach to development and testing.
• Self-manage to plan and organise your time so that committed work is completed to DoD.
• Share knowledge with and support junior team members in feature delivery.
• Engage with the wider global group to ensure programme-level functional quality, performance and supportability.
• Explain complex solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Develop system specifications for existing and new modules in co-ordination with group technical architects.
• Develop new/enhance existing modules in line with the current/evolving product architecture.
• Develop and execute comprehensive unit, component, and integration testing on the modules.
• Analyse and fix software errors
• Maintain and improve existing system documentation.
You are an agile practitioner with a strong background in software development and enterprise technology. Problem-solving and creative design solutions are second nature - you apply the most relevant skills, and seek to learn new ones, to complete highly complex tasks.
You are a software engineer with strong experience developing Java based services. You are enthused about design patterns, code, testing, and delivering high quality products. With a good understanding of dependency management, service integration, 3rd party libraries and tools.
You provide technical expertise in the evolution of stories at all points within the SDLC. You are very conscious of providing your end consumer the best experience.
You learn fast and have a desire to share knowledge effectively. You possess an astute business awareness to understand 'why' we are doing something.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Broad/Proven work experience in software development delivering large, complex, high quality software applications.
• Practical experience of using agile development methodologies.
• Broad experience of Java 8+ application development.
• Experience with Continuous Integration, Delivery and Build Automation processes.
• Proven understanding and experience using design patterns and microservice architecture
Technologies, Languages, frameworks
• Java 8, Java 11+
• Spring Boot
• Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Test Driven / Behaviour Driven Development.
• Unit, component, and integration testing using Junit, Spock, and Cucumber.
Experience with the following will be considered an advantage:
• UI development and frameworks such as Angular
• Red Hat OpenShift