Cook Care Home
We are currently looking for a Cook to join the Excelcare team at St George's Care Home in Cambridge.
If you have catering experience working in a Nursing home, school or colleges or have worked in contracted catering services we want to hear from you.
What you can expect:
Salary: GBP11.31 per hour.
36 hours a week. You will be required to work alternate weekends.
- Cook using fresh ingredients made from scratch
- Prepare weekly food rotas and menus, paying particular attention to any special dietary requirements
- Communication of information to senior members of staff relevant to ordering stock and menu planning
- Assist Healthcare Professionals in the area of dietician
- Complying with and developing Risk Assessments
- Maintain quality assurance systems within the kitchen
- Undertake supervision of other kitchen staff
- Have a full understanding of Health & Safety as well as Food Hygiene issues, COSHH, and working within the guidelines relating to cross infection
- Be available at short notice to cover absence and sickness.
What you will need:
- NVQ Level 2 in catering and hospitality
- 2 years' experience in a catering environment
- 12 months experience in managing a kitchen
- 28 Days holiday including Bank holidays
- Time and a half payment for bank holiday working
- Refer a Friend Scheme rewarding up to GBP600 for every person you refer(https://en-GB/page/employee-refer)
- DBS Certificate paid by Excelcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Annual Salary Review
- Paid study leave
- Long service awards
- Career development pathways through the Excelcare Training Academy
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Paid uniform
- Employee of the Month and the Excelcare Awards - Recognition of our committed people across the business for a job very well done.
If you are interested in this position please apply online today, we look forward to hearing from you.
Excelcare are an equal opportunities employer.
We look forward to hearing from you.