Assistant Registrar - Student Records
This position offers an opportunity for a talented, dynamic and experienced student record professional to establish a class leading, customer focussed student record function, appointing and developing their own team and establishing working practices consistent with our newly acquired student record system and sector best practice.
- To ensure that all processes related to collecting and maintaining the student record are robust, efficient and effective, recommending to the Academic Registrar ways of improving the service offered so that it becomes more responsive and emulates best practice in the sector.
- To ensure that our student records function will withstand any external scrutiny, especially in the context of our ambition for degree awarding powers
- To take responsibility for processes required for statutory returns, including but not limited to HESA, TEF and HESES and statutory funding bodies as well as returns required by partner universities, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- To ensure all relevant and necessary management information is available in a timely fashion.
- To respond to complaints and appeals through investigation and information gathering as per GBS policies.
- To deliver appropriate training and briefing sessions for academic and administrative colleagues across the institution on student records policies and processes.
- To play a key role in the implementation and future development of the Unit 4 student records software
- To lead, manage and develop a student records team that will:
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of historic and current student records including study programme, status and fee status.
- Support the preparation and administration of award and progression boards, proactively assisting, engaging, recording, maintaining and validating the student record in line with Board decisions.
- Undertake processes required for the Student Loans Company, including changes in student study and/or fees and day-to-day management of the Student Finance England (SFE) database for accuracy of data.
- Ensure processes required by partner universities are conducted on time and accurately.
- Degree or equivalent
- Substantial experience of student records administration
- Experience of leading and managing high performing teams
- Experience of using information technology to manage large data sets and deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of Student Finance England, HESA and OfS regulations
- Experience of project management as well as planning, prioritising and organising team tasks and staff to meet deadlines and service deliverables
- Experience of managing a team with a flexible approach to delivering team results.
- Ability to receive, understand and convey information that needs careful explanation or interpretation e.g. procedures or regulations
- Ability to engage a wide range of staff through training and working groups
- Experience of monitoring service delivery and quality
- A can do attitude with well developed problem solving skills
- Willingness to work additional hours at peak periods as necessary to get the job done and a willingness to travel between GBS sites as required
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
GBS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.