Senior Systems Engineer, ServiceNow
Through innovative eClinical solutions and services, Calyx turns the uncertain into the reliable, helping bring new medical treatments to market faster. With deep expertise in clinical development and more than 25 years of supporting trial sponsors and clinical research organizations (CROs), Calyx harnesses that intelligence and activates its potential to solve complex problems, deliver fast insights, and get new drugs to market every day.
This role is based at our modern, state of the art offices in Nottingham City Centre which have excellent transport links, a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company. There will also be flexibility to work remotely.
We are seeking to appoint an extremely capable Senior Systems Engineer to join our Service Operations team.
Your brief will be to provide expert technical support, administration and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform and its associated applications, monitoring its health, usage and overall compliance.
Providing operational support will form part of your role. However, much of your time will be dedicated to projects and developments with a particular focus on continuously improving the user journey.
We operate in a complex, very highly regulated environment where attention to detail and a focus on maintaining standards is vital. One of the key challenges will be to balance the 'possible' with the constraints imposed by our need to remain compliant.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Maintaining the configuration and administration of the ServiceNow platform
- Configuring applications using the ServiceNow tool used in ITIL Management, working with Import Sets and Transform Maps, Integrations with 3rd party applications, etc.
- ITIL Process Configurations: Incident, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Service Catalog, and SLA in ServiceNow
- Collaborating with the ServiceNow functional team to develop technical solutions to meet the business needs of the organization, as well as other departments seeking to use ServiceNow, processing requested items and tasks using workflows to manage processes from the customer to the fulfilment teams
- Coordinating to execute the testing and installation of new releases, updates or patches, calculating resource scaling for infrastructure used for new ServiceNow implementations and performing risk assessments for release/code reviews of ServiceNow software
- ServiceNow System Administrator and Fundamentals essential and additional accreditation (e.g., Discovery Fundamentals, Service Mapping Fundamentals, Scripting Fundamentals, etc.) beneficial
- ITIL V3/V4 certification
Technical Skills and Experience
- Hands-on technical experience in ServiceNow administration, configuration management and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform
- Strong appreciation of ITIL processes and functions
- Experience working with key ServiceNow Platforms modules: Knowledge Base, Service Catalog, Service Portal, Workflows, creating reports and setting SLAs
- Expertise with Tables, import data, adding Configuration Items (Cis) to the CMDB, reporting tools, technical components such as LDAP, SSO, SSL, and remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI and PowerShell
- Experience configuring Navigation, UI, Search and Branding options, Manage Lists and Forms, and Connect collaboration tools
- Designing automation workflows using ServiceNow Orchestration
- Desirable - familiarity with CSM/ITOM
- Highly self-motivated and self-development orientated with a keen interest in developing further
- Effective communicator, able to express oneself clearly with technical and non-technical audiences including those within other teams, vendors, etc.
- Able to partner effectively with others from diverse backgrounds, e.g., when gathering intelligence for the purpose of building functional requirements, etc.
- Strong technical appreciation, able to comprehend technical documents including, e.g., system design and documentation combined with the ability to translate business needs into detailed requirements' specifications for application monitoring system requirements.
Apply today to begin your Calyx journey!