Functional Skills - Vocational Tutor
Functional Skills - Vocational Tutor
An exciting position has become available for a full time Functional Skills/VocationalTutor to join a friendly team based in Leicester. The successful candidate will work 37.5 hours per week and will earn GBP23,000-GBP27,000 depending on their experience.
Workpays is a well-respected training provider with multiple divisions that supply training and supportive programmes to businesses, individuals and educational establishments.
Workpays believe that 'small changes make a real difference' and this is now more evident with their outstanding record in working with those who are out of work or are looking for some training, to take them to the next stage in their lives.
Workpays regularly invest in their people in order to make sure that they are providing the very best service to those they help.
If you are passionate about helping others less-advantaged on their career journey, then please do not hesitate to click apply.
The main objectives of the role will be to deliver, coordinate and develop accredited and non-accredited training programmes; provide exciting learning experiences which focus on the key elements of employability skills, including vocational training, functional skills and personal and social development and alongside delivery, the role will require management and development of participant portfolios, session planning and evaluation.
- Experience of NEET programme delivery
- Experience of developing NEET Resources
- Recent experience in delivering functional skills Maths, English and IT up to level 2
- Good knowledge of the local labour market
- Existing relationships with relevant stakeholders in the area
- Teaching qualification or equivalent (e.g. CTLLS, PTTLS)
- Experience of delivering training programmes for the unemployed
- Ability to support a wide range of learning styles and behaviours
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Personable and able to communicate easily with organisations and young people
- Creative and Innovative
- Self-Motivated and can work on own Initiative
- Team player
- Able to maintain good judgement whilst working under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ensure all elements of provision are delivered to a high standard, considering learning styles and progression opportunities.
- Assist in the development and delivery of high quality, exciting, fun, and innovative training programmes, including vocational and employability skills, personal and social development skills, and functional skills in English, maths, and ICT
- Work cooperatively with partners and delivery staff, to develop the education and training programmes and support Participants to ensure that they are on target and achieve their learning aims
- Deliver qualifications to participants and manage the associated portfolios, paperwork and assessment materials, liaising closely with internal and external, working closely with other delivery staff to manage and integrate the gathering of evidence for accredited programmes during delivery
- Create lesson plans and develop resources to provide a varied and differentiated programme of delivery that leads to positive outcomes
- Share expertise and skills with other Workpays delivery staff to enhance delivery and develop programmes
- Work closely with colleagues in employer engagement, Participant Engagement and Support Coaches to ensure that every participant receives and individualised and co-ordinated service from you and your team.
- Undertake training and development, as agreed with the line manager
- Deliver all activities on time and within budget providing progress reports to the Line Manager
- Play an active role in developing a positive image of Workpays and representing Workpays as required at meetings
Workpays is a well-respected training provider with multiple divisions, that supply training and supportive programmes to businesses, individuals, and educational establishments. With regional offices in Derby, Droitwich, Chesterfield, Sheffield, Coventry, Leicester, Kettering, Northamptonshire and Wolverhampton, Workpays are perfectly placed to offer professional training and employability support across the whole of the Midlands.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Tutor, NEET, Tutoring, Local Labour Market, CTLLS, PTTLS, Teaching, Teaching Qualification, Training Programmes, English, Maths, ICT