Do you have experience of operating machinery and mobile plant, including loading shovels, 360 excavators and forklift trucks? Are you naturally practical, and willing to work outdoors? Does working nights on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern work for you? If so, how about joining a committed team as Plant Operative (4 on 4 off night shifts) at our busy recycling facility at Colnbrook, near Slough. We are offering a permanent contact, competitive salary and access to some great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme - you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you'll be doing as Plant Operative (4 on 4 off night shifts)
Our Materials Recovery Facilities (MRFs) are plants where materials such as paper, cardboard, cans and bottles are separated and sorted from tipped waste and then baled and sent on elsewhere to be recycled.
- You'll join our hardworking team who operate mobile plant.
- It's a varied role: you might go from sweeping one minute to operating an excavator the next, to clearing a blockage that would cause downtime, or loading a shipping container with bales of recovered paper.
What we're looking for in our Plant Operative (4 on 4 off night shifts)
- Ideally, previous experience of operating mobile plant machinery.
- Good timekeeping, attendance and team work.
Working hours: Shift system of 4 nights on followed by 4 nights off. Average working week is 40.36 hours per week. Your normal shift will be 12 hours, 6pm-6am.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Plant Operative (4 on 4 off night shifts)? Click apply. No agencies please
Please note: We don't use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Plant Operative (4 on 4 off night shifts) on 30.03.21