Soane Britain, led by Founder Lulu Lytle, designs and makes exceptionally well-made furniture, upholstery, lighting, fabrics, wallpapers and interior necessities that consistently reward the investment, adding a joyful atmosphere to any interior.
Every Soane Britain design is made in Britain in small workshops that excel in traditional crafts, such as iron forging, rattan weaving, chair making, precision engineering and saddlery.
Soane Britain’s client list includes international interior designers, decorators and architects with Soane Britain’s designs found in many important private houses, chalets and yachts around the world as well as hotels, restaurants, members clubs, boardrooms and retail spaces.
For more information, please visit www.soane.com or join our social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Purpose of the Position:
Soane Britain is proud to have only rattan workshop in the UK. Due to the continued demand for our rattan furniture and lighting our workshops have expanded rapidly in the Thurmaston area.
Our Thurmaston workshops accommodate several manufacturing processes to complement our rattan manufacturing. The most significant is a dedicated fabrication, patination, assembly and wiring facility.
The role will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day coordination of the workshops based in Thurmaston and a team of craftsmen and women, ensuring the production schedule is maintained.
The Manufacturing Assistant role will require a great deal of flexibility and a combination of workshop and office-based tasks at all our Leicester sites and throughout the UK as required. You will assist in all the aspects of manufacturing admin in an efficient and timely manner.
Soane is committed to expanding its operations in Thurmaston and this newly created role will offer the opportunity for the successful candidate to grow with the business and with a positive attitude will lead to more responsibilities and opportunities.
Due to the nature of the small team at Leicester, the role will require a can-do attitude and the candidate must not be afraid to get stuck in with the task at hand, be enthusiastic and self-motivated. This role is suitable for someone with an eye for detail and the ability to achieve the excellent standards for which Soane Britain is well known. There may be a need to work at various sites throughout the day so it is preferred that the successful candidate has use of their own vehicle to travel between sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare sales orders for the manufacturing team, including printing all relevant paperwork, cross-referencing costings and updating this information on Excel schedules, then to be handed over to the correct workshop
- Goods in tasks – keeping all systems and Excel database updated, filing all paperwork, and daily reports to be sent
- General office admin upon request from other sites
- General workshop maintenance and housekeeping
- Maintaining the purchasing and credit card log on an internal system and Excel documents for all external orders
- Purchasing of general items upon request from other sites
- Approval of invoicing and credit card statements on our internal systems, collating correct paperwork for organisation and filing
- Helping load and unload the Soane van occasionally
- Availability to travel occasionally throughout the UK for collection or deliveries from our workshops
Requirements for the Position:
Applications are welcome from all backgrounds with a variety of experience. However; excellent IT and Excel skills are essential as is a full UK driving licence. Excellent references must be provided.
The following would be preferred:
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role with excellent references
- Experience using MRP systems
- Purchasing and stock control experience
- Manufacturing and workshop experience
- Invoicing experience
- Educated to a high standard
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Health insurance cash plan, including access to GP and mental health helplines
- Company car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Income protection
- Generous holiday allowance and a day off on your birthday
- Unique culture that includes: Christmas and Summer parties, monthly social team drinks and events, internal training
- Staff discounts on Soane designs and access to warehouse sales
Apply for Manufacturing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly