Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We're no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we're committed to providing new solutions to today's social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Operative to join our team on our South Holmwood site in Dorking, Surrey.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to take ownership of the role
- Hands on Cleaning of machinery and plant
- Ability to rotor and prioritise your own workload
- Operation of mobile plant as required
- Greasing and oiling of production plant
- Adhering to health & safety, quality and environmental systems
- To deliver through the process improvement initiatives and continuous improvement
- Assist with production when required
- Creating and maintaining the highest standards of 5S's housekeeping and environmental management
- Assist in the development of SSOP's and Risk Assessments
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent timekeeping, attendance and flexibility
- Numerate & literate.
- Team working attitude.
- Ability to also work alone.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to work as part of a team or on your own.
- Ability to learn to operate key manufacturing and mobile plant.
- Willingness to undergo further training and development.
- Previous labour intensive role
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of working in a continuous improvement environment.
- A certified counterbalance FLT driver is advantageous.
- A recognised up-skill.
Training & Development
Ibstock aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development which will include:
- Multi-functional operation, possibly cross departmental.
- 5S principles.
- Localised Health and Safety Procedures.
- Localised Environmental and Quality Responsibilities.
- Localised up-skilling.
Please note: it is our policy to verify all relevant qualifications. You will be required to provide substantive proof of your qualifications, so that we can verify them with the awarding body.
Ibstock PLC are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.