Consents and Wayleaves Specialist
An opportunity has arisen for two Consents and Wayleaves Specialists based in the East Midlands.
The successful candidate will be involved with all the permissions necessary for the development of the EHV Network and the provisions of a Consents and Wayleaves service in respect of major project work.
* Salary dependant on knowledge and experience.Job Description
When you join Western Power Distribution you become part of our team of over 6,600 professional and support staff looking after our extensive electricity distribution network. We serve over 7.8 million customers across the Midlands, South Wales and South West.
We cover highly populated urban centres such as Nottingham, Birmingham, Bristol and Cardiff, beautiful remote locations including the Brecon Beacons, Dartmoor and the Peak District and everything in between!
You will become integral to a company offering many benefits and a supportive working environment. We are committed to investing in the latest technologies and working methods to improve service to customers.
We know that our people are at the heart of this success and work hard to create a working environment that all our employees can be proud of.Main Responsibilities
- To negotiate complex consents, wayleaves, easements/site acquisitions and agreements in respect of the location of works to distribution assets.
- To assist with 132kV, 66kV and 33kV scheme preparation in terms of site and route selection/acquisition as necessary.
- To undertake statutory and courtesy consultation on development proposals.
- To undertake major project planning applications and to be the point of contact with local authorities and other consultees/objectors.
- To provide a wayleave service to Projects for maintenance and construction schemes.
- To settle damage claims.
- To assist other areas of the business as required on wayleave and consent matters.
- To deal with wayleave terminations, primarily on the EHV Network, but also including claims for injurious affection in respect of wood pole lines at other voltages.
- To assist with the preparation of Company wayleave and consents policy.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in performance and implement or recommend change.
- Check the quality of of own output.
- Identify own potential and request development opportunity.
- Identify and request resources to improve individual and team performance.
- Issue work to contractors, and approve daily work sheets.
- Carry out quality and compliance checks on contractors works.
The post will be based in East Midlands, however the nature of the role may require the successful candidate to travel anywhere in the Company.The Ideal Candidate
You should ideally have experience in dealing with consent and wayleave issues together with a broad understanding of the legislation and regulations affecting consents and wayleaves.
In addition you should have a good knowledge and understanding of Company systems, processes and procedures. You should have proficient negotiation and influencing skills and must be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with customers, landowners and Local Authorities, as well as statutory consultees, objectors and other authorities.
To enhance your candidate experience, we recommend using Google Chrome to complete your online application. Should you have any questions regarding this or require additional support to complete your online application, please email
Recruitment correspondence is usually sent by email, so please do check your email account including spam/junk folders regularly after the closing date
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should sufficient numbers of suitable applications be received. We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.About The Company
If this is your opportunity to join us, you'll find we offer a supportive, rewarding and friendly working environment where you'll be empowered to build a career. Along the way, you'll be invested in, be enabled by the latest technology and find that we're always interested in evolving our systems and processes so that we get even better, every day.
You will enjoy a package of benefits designed to reward your hard work and incentivise your ambition. Everyone here enjoys a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, company pension scheme, protective clothing where required, an Employee Assistance Programme and a managed back care programme.
Western Power Distribution is an equal opportunities employer, a Disability level 1 Employer and a corporate signatory of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) programme. Our desire is to bring in more employees from diverse backgrounds to build further on our inclusive culture. We value and celebrate individual difference and we believe that an inclusive culture will help the business grow as a positive, strong and innovative company.