Data & Business Intelligence Analyst
Working with internal stakeholders, you'll use your expertise to understand the information they have today, where additional sources of data will provide enrichment and apply the appropriate analytical techniques to build a unified dashboard.
Developing and utilising data visualisation tools, you'll present your findings in intuitive, self-serve dashboards that will empower colleagues to understand the key metrics that drive performance throughout the organisation.
- Undertaking complex analysis using both internal and external data to help create actionable insight into GBS students, and related business information systems and services.
- Build exceptional visual dashboards containing insightful tables and charts to assist internal stakeholders with driving improvements in performance.
- Delivering a high-quality user experience by ensuring the business requirements and challenges are understood, that analysis and insights are actionable and the output meets the needs of the end user.
- Presenting your findings using the most effective mediums including written reports and briefing papers, blogs and presentations (both written and oral), delivering all to the highest standards in a style that is easy to understand.
- Utilising PowerBI to develop intuitive solutions that enable your customers to self-serve, assisting them to inquire into their data and draw their own conclusions.
- Recognise erroneous data and escalate to the appropriate individual in line with company procedure.
- A good degree in a numerate subject.
- Excellent knowledge of analytical tools including Microsoft Power BI (DAX and M language) and ideally SQL management studio. Experience with R/Python would also be advantageous.
- Detailed knowledge of statistical techniques and research methodologies.
- Experience in presenting data in exciting and insightful stories via interactive dashboards or presentations.
- A good understanding of data and model design, joins and views is preferable.
- Previous experience of data analysis would be advantageous.
- Confidence in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, with the ability to communicate complex data capability in a way which fully engages them in the services the Data and Analysis team provide.
- To show initiative, curiosity and drive through your work, effectively prioritising tasks and managing these to deadlines.
- Strong experience in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing needs.
- Commitment to own learning and development.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity.
- Good record of attendance and punctuality
The Data & Business Intelligence Analyst will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- to GBS values and regulations, including equal opportunities policy.
- the GBS's Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of GBS's Environmental Policy.
- to their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.