Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst
Upto GBP28,000 - Exeter, South West
About the role:
At Mears, we are looking for an experienced Technical Support Analyst' to work of a team dedicated to maintaining IT software solutions, providing a cooperative base for the Service Desk and the wider business to diagnose issues, improve services and deliver functionality. As well as Ensuring continual improvement of service and user experience through feedback and proactive problem management.
This job sits within our IT department and as we like to promote from within, we are looking to bring people in who are future talent for the Mears business. We are looking to recruit a candidate who is ambitious and aspires to progress their IT career.
What will the role involve?
The role is heavily involved with adhering to our SLA's ensuring technical data related Incidents are fixed and that preventative issues are escalated in order to ensure that operational branches within Mears can deliver their service commitments to their Clients and we keep the systems delivering cash flow to the group.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring efficiency of all aspects of IT within Mears by providing long-term solutions to ongoing issues
- Providing guidance and support to all teams on the Service Desk as well as being the bridge between the helpdesk and Development
- Identifying opportunities for systems and service improvements and writing up development proposals.
- Producing user training guides and maintain existing knowledge base articles in ServiceNow
- Assisting in application updates
The Service Desk currently operates between the hours of 07:00 - 17:30 Mon to Fri, so you would be expected to work 40 hours per week on shifts to cover these hours.
What are we looking for?
- Fluent in SQL and associated development tools
- Previous leadership / work management of a small team
- Database management & data integrity troubleshooting
- Excellent communicator with an aptitude for problem management and resolution
- You will be a friendly, approachable, and able to communicate clearly to others.
- GBP28,000 Basic Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Pension Scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
For further information please contact Jake Talbot in the Mears Group Recruitment Team, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further