Salary: cGBP38,000 - GBP41,000 (includes shift allowance) + company benefits
Mission & Main Objectives:
You will work be working with ultraprecision tooling equipment and machine tools which are required to maintain battery manufacturing associated dies and Tooling. You will Manufacture spare and prototype parts to support business needs and attend breakdowns.
Outline and Responsibilities:
- Work alongside a team of Tooling Maintenance technicians to respond to breakdowns to reduce premature failures to help improve MTBF.
- Carry out planned and unplanned Tool exchanges and Preventative maintenance tasks.
- Support Engineering requests for new and current model projects.
- Precision maintenance and grinding of complex dies and cutting tools set to micron tolerances.
- CNC and Manual Milling and turning of components produced from Engineering plastics , Various alloys and stainless steels.
- WEDM Programming, operation and maintenance.
- Component inspection using Video measuring equipment and standard metrology equipment.
- Document all paperwork as required.
- Maintain Shop safety and high level of 5S.
- Training will be provided.
- All other position related tasks as directed by line manager.
Experience/Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Must be a time served mechanical craftsman or Tool, Mould maker or journey man die maker & precision machinist.
- Educated to ONC/HNC NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence to read and interpret General assembly and component drawings of engineered parts.
- Understand limits, Fits and tolerance and show competence using metrology equipment.
- Demonstrate understanding and follow standard operating procedures
- PC literate with Basic use & knowledge of MS office packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook.
- Experience using Siemens, Fanuc, Prototrak
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD 2D/3D, CAD CAM drawing software.
- Additive manufacturing experience