Relief Security Officer - Guaranteed Hours
Would you like to help us make the world a safer place, people protecting people?
A Security Officer is responsible to deliver Security Services, encompassing Guarding, Surveillance and Interventions.
You will be working a shift pattern covering Days, Nights and Weekends
All uniform and PPE is provided
Overtime is available
The hourly rate for this position is GBP8.72 to GBP9.54 per hour
How you will make an impact as a Security Officer:
- Undertake the day to day tasks to maintain a secure and safe site maintaining a fully focused and compliant operation that exceeds the client's expectations.
- Managing access control and gate duties; staff and vehicle searches; traffic management and car park duties; building patrols.
- Providing an effective departmental security presence and proactive response service.
- Monitoring of fire and security alarm panels.
- Adhering to the communication requirements, records of delivery and maintenance of all other required gate records.
- Responding too and dealing with all site risk events.
- Carrying out fire prevention duties.
- Ensuring all Client Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators are met.
- Promoting a professional image of Securitas.
Security Officer | Security Licence | Protective Services | Guard |Door Staff | Security | Patrol | CCTV | Customer Service | Gatehouse | Front of House | SIA | Traffic management | Building Patrol |Access Control | Guarding | Door Staff| Surveillance |Inspections
What you will bring to be a Security Officer:
- Hold a valid SIA license.
- Provide the right to work in the UK and pass security clearance.
- Be able to work as an individual & as part of a team.
- Be able to work outside in all 4 seasons - Winter, Spring, Autumn & Summer.
- Be able to communicate clearly, verbal & written.
- Hold a clean full UK driving licence
- Be able to make timely decisions and justify.
- Be reasonably fit - as walking and conducting foot patrols is required.
- A flexible and responsive approach is required to balance conflicting and changing pressures in the work environment in a respectful and constructive way.
- Your commitment to providing a strong focus on Customer Service is essential to maintain the high standards and professionalism of our service.
- Paid holiday, company pension and life assurance scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Wellness advice and support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Car lease and new car purchasing schemes
- Employee discounts and cashback savings across hundreds of your favourite high street brands, online shopping, holidays, and days out.
- City & Guilds accredited training program for professional and personal development
- Support to gain your SIA license
Our values are the foundation of our operations and the corporate culture is built on these values that help to shape a long-term, financially successful enterprise by creating value for customers, employees, and shareholders. They are summarized in three words: Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness.
With our roots dating back to 1934, Securitas is one of the largest security service organizations in the world, we have around 150,000 clients, of which 150 are globally listed companies. We specialize in protecting corporate organizations, small to medium-sized businesses, and the public so a successful applicant will join an industry leader with over 370,000 employees, of which 9,500 are in the UK.
We are a company where you can develop your Security career, with access to training and the ability to gain professionally recognised qualifications so you can grow in confidence and take on more responsibility.
If you want to know more about why Securitas is the world's leading security group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit: en-GB/
Join the Securitas Team today!