Senior Android Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The opportunity would see you in join the Mobile Client software development team (Sky Go) which forms part of a much wider collection of teams that develop the Mobile platform and associated clients. Together we use cutting edge, highly scalable, technology to delight our customers with online services which allow them to consume Sky content online and on numerous hardware platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborate daily with the implementation team (developers, analysts, product owners etc..) to help produce acceptance criteria for user stories, providing technical and domain expertise that helps drive decision making
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
- Contributing to the technical direction of the team
- Implementing new features according to their acceptance criteria, as well as maintaining and improving the existing features/codebase with an incremental and continuous improvement approach to deliver
- Along with the wider team, you'll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the application. This will include writing and maintaining existing unit tests (TDD), and helping forward out effort in adopt BDD.
- Help maintain and improve existing process and policies
- Excellent knowledge of the Android Platform.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Development experience in one or more OOP languages
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of Agile methodologies and best practices (Scrum, Kanban XP, etc..).
- Solid background in, and knowledge of OOP design patterns and best practices is essential
- Excellent communicator, having worked collaboratively in teams of various sizes, liaising with stakeholders across the business
- RESTful services integration
- Experience and knowledge of TDD and associated frameworks
- Experience using Source Control (Git)
- Experience using Continuous Integration (Jenkins, etc..). Must be able to setup/maintain a CI environment
- Experience in writing Espresso tests
- Experience in Kotlin
Group Product: We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.