Regional Fleet Engineer
Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 8,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management
Help us make a difference as a Regional Fleet Engineer. This is a regional position covering our operational Workshops in and around South West.
A quick look at the role.
The Regional Fleet Engineer will provide leadership and direction for the Regional Fleet Workshops, ensuring successful delivery of all commercial, health and safety and operational results.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Supporting the delivery of business growth within the region through key objectives.
- Responsible for fleet compliance in respect of the operator's licences, by undertaking relevant and appropriate audits. Monitor MOT pass rates and workshop performance in line with the relevant KPI's and maintain Green Roadworthiness OCRS scores for all O Licence areas while ensuring all DVSA and industry standards are met.
- Manage third party service providers and suppliers and ensure SLA's in place and that performance is in line with any contractual KPI's.
- To review financial and operational performance, managing operational assets and/or staff, to deliver a profitable business with great customer service standards. Management of staffing and overtime and business continuity planning. Wherever possible identify and deliver opportunities for commercial growth.
- Actively manage to business scorecard KPI's, by setting budgets, reviewing and taking appropriate action to ensure optimum return on assets.
- Accountable for the management of Health and Safety within the region in line with the Company Health and Safety standards and procedures. Ensure all Group policies and processes are communicated and understood within Workshop network. Risk Assessment control and accident and incident investigation.
- Provide clear leadership across all sites within the region; develop and inspire people to work together to achieve objectives and manage team/individual performance to provide excellent business results.
- Nurture relationships with internal customers and stakeholders ensuring vehicle disruption is minimized and make recommendations for fleet utilisation within Region.
- Assistance with acquisition Fleet due diligence and vehicle inspections.
- Manage Warranty Claims Recovery with relevant Manufacturers ensuring recovery of all costs in line with agreed recharge mechanisms.
- MOT/PG9 Failure investigation and minimize road worthiness related incidents.
- Ensure continuity of NQA systems and audit success.
- Responsible for maximising vehicle uptime and minimizing impact on business.
- Specific project work designated by FGE-ie ancillary veh fitments, product development, contract mobilisations and new acquisition bed in.
- Updating Fleetwave KPI dates and review.
- Providing day to day support to Operations.
- Employee engagement work.
Here's what we require:
- Relevant Technical Qualification
- National CPC is desirable.
- Extensive management experience of a B2B service delivery region/area.
- Proven track record of positively impacting commercial and operational performance is essential.
- Lean Management understanding.
- Extensive experience of profit and loss management.
- Experience of identifying and developing business opportunities within Workshop Framework.
- Extensive transport and logistics knowledge.
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and Health & Safety legislation/environment.
- Strong knowledge of requirements of the Operators Licence.
- Excellent knowledge of workshop procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DVSA testing regime and processes.
- Keeping abreast of any technical and legislative updates.
- Good understanding of MOT inspection standards.
- Commercial background
- Assured, knowledgeable, highly motivated, engaging, co-operative and confident in front of customers and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of change agendas in different market sectors.
- Strategically focused leader with a proven track record of turning strategy into results.
- Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment.
- An understanding of change agenda in differing and dynamic market and technological sectors.
- Ability to deputise for Group Fleet Engineer as and when required.
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Plus much more......
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.