Senior Site Manager
Delivering a project safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers' expectations is vital to the success of our business. We are expanding our team in East Midlands and recruiting a Project Lead (senior site manager) to initially deliver a residential scheme.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed. We work across multiple sectors mainly delivering projects within the education, leisure, blue light and residential sectors.
Reporting to our Operations Manager as a Project lead you will be responsible for:
- Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
- Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor's Scheme and manage community relations. Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non recoverable costs and preliminaries losses. Monitor and work to agreed preliminaries budget
- Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time. Organise the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
- Understand the client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
- Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- A proven track record of successfully leading the delivery of a large-scale construction project
- Proven experience in managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants
- A current CSCS card and SMSTS certificate
- Valid Driving Licence
- First Aid at work certificate
- Ability to accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Experienced in use of Microsoft programmes; i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Relevant Degree
- Working towards MCIOB
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive within.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!