Case / Crate Maker
Case / Crate Maker
Basic Purpose of the job and its primary objectives
- To manufacture crates in accordance with agreed specifications
- To prepare and package goods in a manner to withstand all external action normally encountered during lifting, handling, shipment and storage.
- Construction of cases in accordance with agreed specification
- Ensure crates are correctly marked and stamped
- Package all items in accordance with agreed specification
- Ensure work area is kept clean and tidy
- Ensure tools used by the packing department are kept clean and in working order, any damage is reported to the line manager immediately
- Comply with Company set standards of work
- Comply with Company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills required to complete job
- Previous crate or pallet making experience required
- Knowledge of export packing preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of safe use of power tools & nail guns required
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work with an ability to cope with change.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality: all work is completed to the agreed specification
- Quality: records, job related paperwork & timesheets are completed accurately and submitted on time, every time
- Productivity: Timely and accurate completion of work to agreed timescales
- Customer service: Meeting of customer requirements in full
- Compliance: maintain set standards of work (attendance, housekeeping, etc) and Health & Safety responsibilities.
Special Working Conditions
- Additional hours may be necessary when required: early starts and late finishes are not uncommon
- Travel away from home and sometimes abroad
- Potential contact with hazardous chemicals and substances (training to be provided)
- May be required to complete other business activities on behalf of the Company in line with identified skills, competencies and experience
- Full-time, part-time, permanent or temporary contract positions available.