Seasonal Warden, Y Bala
1 day left
- Full Time
Snowdonia National Park Authority protects the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Snowdonia National Park. Covering 823 miles of diverse landscape, the park is home to over 26,000 people, the highest mountain in Wales and England and the largest natural lake in Wales.
We are now looking for a Seasonal Warden to support the South of Snowdonia National Park. This role will be based in Y Bala.
- Salary of £19,312 - £19,698 per annum (depending on experience)
- Support access and rights of way within the National Park
- Work in an incredible location
As a Seasonal Warden, you will play a key role in helping visitors to enjoy Snowdonia National Park whilst protecting the stunning landscape, wildlife and environment. You will also support and safeguard the interests of local residents and landowners.
Our warden service supports car parks, picnic sites, paths, trails and other property associated with the Park Authority, monitoring activities and helping with maintenance.
Additionally, you will work with community groups and volunteers, provide information, lead guided walks and help out with educational visits. Where required, you will also liaise with the emergency services.
As part of your role, you will be required to undertake weekend and Bank Holiday work.
To be considered as a Seasonal Warden, you will need:
- To be able to communicate effectively in both Welsh and English
- Experience of engaging and working with the public
- Knowledge of current access and recreational issues and their impact on National Park purposes
- A reasonable level of fitness commensurate with the role’s duties and responsibilities
- Experience and knowledge of mountain walking
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of outdoor activities and understanding of safe and responsible use of Snowdonia
- Valid driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Warden, Park Warden, Park Ranger, National Park Ranger, Mountain Leader, Countryside Ranger, or Countryside Warden.
The closing date for this role is 10.00am on the 16th April 2021.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Seasonal Warden, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.