3 days left
- Full Time
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A
SERVICE MANAGER - DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT (DM)
37 hours per week, permanent contract
Salary: £38,890 - £45,859 per annum
Can you bring a customer focussed, results driven approach to our organisation?
Are you all about encouraging great development and working with our agents, architects and customers to achieve this, adding value with each interaction?
Do you have a desire to live, work and play in one of the most gorgeous parts of the country with moors, diverse coastline and an internationally designated UNESCO biosphere reserve all on your doorstep giving you a wonderful work life balance in North Devon?
If so, could you be our next Service Manager to join our professional and dedicated Planning team at North Devon Council?
We are committed to improving economic conditions throughout the district and have an ambitious and exciting development programme of site specific regeneration projects to support economic growth. We are developing a Vision for Barnstaple and also for North Devon and you will play your part in both designing and delivering that Vision.
North Devon has some really exciting current and future projects that you will be involved with:
- we have been successful in securing significant Future High Street Funds and have plans to deliver 4 exciting Barnstaple projects to protect and enhance our High Street
- We are about to enter the delivery phase of a Water Sports Centre in Ilfracombe that our DM team helped to deliver
- a new leisure centre is in delivery, which again our DM team helped to bring to reality
- North Devon Council holds a diverse asset portfolio and with our new commercialisation strategy the DM team will be playing its part in maximising those assets
- we work really closely with our neighbouring authority, Torridge District Council, on a Joint Local Plan and associated supplementary planning documents
This post is based from one of our offices in Barnstaple, North Devon but we are very supportive of home working. This role requires a highly developed professional individual, as you will be working closely with developers and private businesses, whilst also supporting the Planning team.
You will therefore need to demonstrate that you have:
- a degree in Town Planning (or equivalent)
- substantial relevant work experience of implementing, managing & delivering major projects in development control
- ability to foster and maintain positive working relationship with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders to ensure buy-in to a customer focused approach
- experience of partnership and multi-discipline working
- high level influencing, negotiation, communication & motivational skills
- ability to deal diplomatically with politically sensitive planning issues
- a good understanding of the issues facing rural and coastal communities
- proven managerial experience with the ability to motivate and develop your team
For an informal chat about the post please ring Nina Lake on 01271 388243
Closing date for applications: 16 April 2021 (noon)
Interview date: 11 May 2021
For an application pack click 'Apply' or call 01271 388353, quoting reference DM
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation that offers flexible hours/home working; ability to purchase additional annual leave; a range of family friendly policies; learning and development opportunities as well as a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.