Seasonal Greenkeeper Intern (April 1st to Sept 30th) (Greenkeeping #)
Come and join us...
At Gleneagles we're united in our values, no matter where we work; we demonstrate a true sense of pride in all that we do, we operate collaboratively as one team, we're warm and thoughtful in our make-up, and our spirit of adventure ensures our product and concepts remain fresh and relevant.
Diverse, ambitious and welcoming, we have an inherent desire to create unique and incredible experiences for both our guests and our people; we work hard, get stuck in and have fun.
One of Scotland's finest and most iconic 5-star hotels and country estates, we are currently seeking a driven, self-motivated Greenkeeping Intern, with outstanding attention to detail, to join our Golf Courses team.
We're a passionate and dedicated team, responsible for the daily presentation of our three iconic golf courses; we ensure the best possible playing surfaces and offer a consistent challenge and exceptional experience for our members and guests. We're early birds and night owls, preparing our golf courses for play daily to the most exacting standards, come rain or shine. You'll be with us from March to October and we'll provide you with world class experience, training and personal development opportunities.
There is simply no better place to develop and evolve your Greenkeeping career than with one of the best names in the Golf world.
We are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
Be part of 'Our Glorious Playground...
When Gleneagles first opened its doors in 1924, this magnificent countryside estate in the heart of Scotland was described as a "riviera in the Highlands".
Today, as a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, Gleneagles continues to offer an unrivalled array of attractions, including: luxury accommodation, some of the best dining experiences in Scotland, three championship golf courses, an award-winning spa and an exhilarating array of outdoor activities.
Location; Auchterarder, just off the A9. Gleneagles is also within easy reach of a number of Scottish towns and cities: Edinburgh City Centre (1hr), Glasgow or Dundee (50mins), Stirling and Perth (25mins).
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role:
- On completion of your initial training, you'll gain experience in all areas of the golf course maintenance department including our Standard Operating Procedures and all Health and Safety procedures
- You'll be a key part of the daily set up of the golf courses, mowing all surface areas and learning the cultural practices implemented at a 5-star facility
- Your learning and development will include operating equipment, fertility, irrigation, drainage, aeration and sampling techniques as well as performance measurements across varied surfaces
- You'll get to spend quality time with key decision makers in the business, learn about managing a team and scheduling tasks
- You'll also gain experience by being part of small project teams as we implement a wide range of improvements throughout the season
- Interacting with our guests, always warm, professional, helpful and doing everything you can to exceed their expectations; playing your part in making their stay with us 5 star in every way
The kind of person we're looking for:
- Ideally, you'll have a minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience of working on a golf course
- You're highly motivated and possess an immense sense of pride in your work; you're passionate about delivering the high standards for our guests in line with the Gleneagles brand
- You have a positive "can do" attitude to solving problems in a professional and courteous manner
- Excellent personal presentation, hygiene and grooming standards are all second nature to you
- You're a strong team player with great communication skills and an enthusiastic approach; you're well organised and punctual with an eagle eye for detail
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
What's in it for you:
As well as a competitive salary and investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a huge variety of perks and discounts:
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with service
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discounted hotel stays at Gleneagles and Hoxton Hotels
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts, a free Caf?? Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments
- Free 'pay day' lunch and monthly drinks offers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Volunteering day with a charitable partner of your choice
If you are our next Greenkeeping Intern, please forward your most recent CV to us today!