Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Head of Department
Hours of Work: 9.00am – 5.00pm with an hour for lunch
Benefits: Workplace Pension Scheme, 32 days paid annual leave (includes 20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 4 extra days over Christmas when the offices close)
Salary Guide: £30,000 - £35,000 dependent upon experience
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please apply to Rebecca Truscott by clicking 'Apply'
Hopkins Solicitors LLP is one of the leading North Nottinghamshire firms of solicitors with 90 employees across five offices, 2 in Mansfield, 1 in Sutton in Ashfield, 1 in Nottingham and 1 in Kirkby in Ashfield.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, the Family Department has thrived (so you can join us with confidence). We are keen to recruit another Family Fee Earner at our Sutton in Ashfield office in order to assist with the current workload and to build the department further. We have been fortunate that our Team hasn’t had to make any redundancies due to Covid-19; and in fact, we now need to expand our Team to cope with new work, and to actively seek more.
This position is a great opportunity for a Newly Qualified Solicitor who has had experience in a family department previously, and who is looking to build a career. They will have the chance to build a reputation for themselves in the local area and to help grow the family law workload and department. There is already a manageable caseload for the successful candidate to adopt. The large population of the Ashfield area (and adjoining Derbyshire villages/M1 corridor) offer the chance to build that reputation and caseload.
The position will be based from our newly refurbished Sutton in Ashfield Town Centre office 4 days a week, with 1 day working with our Team’s supervisor at our Nottingham office. More flexible work patterns can be adopted in the event of further Government restrictions.
You will be required to cover all areas of Family Law but particularly:
- Divorce/Civil Partnership Dissolution
- Child Arrangements
- Financial and property issues on divorce or separation
- Pre-nuptial, separation and cohabitation agreements
- Domestic violence cases
Legally aided and private-paying work is undertaken;
Court work and advocacy will be required;
The ideal candidate will take over a busy caseload and also be expected to help build and develop the department;
We are looking for someone motivated and passionate about helping all their clients, who has excellent client care skills;
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following:
- a strong desire to learn
- enthusiastic and ambitious
- hardworking and organised
- adaptable and accommodating
- a smart and tidy appearance
- excellent attention to detail
- IT competent
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
The successful candidate will undertake duties including but not limited to:
- Meeting new clients, taking instructions and advising;
- Conducting their own caseload of family work in an efficient manner;
- Drafting all documents as required;
- Using Legal Aid CCMS for applications, amendments, billing;
- Representing clients at Court and conducting own advocacy;
- Instructing Counsel and experts;
- Liaising and building links with agencies such as Women’s Aid and NIDAS, and ‘networking’ with other professional advisers;
- Supporting other members of the team where required;
- Networking in order to assist in the expansion of the office.