Litigation / Housing Solicitor
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Head of Department
Hours of Work: Full-Time Monday - Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Benefits: Workplace Pension Scheme, 32 days paid annual leave (includes 20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 4 extra days over Christmas when the offices close)
Salary Guide: £30,000 - £40,000 Depending on experience
Hopkins Solicitors are a leading private practice firm which provides a broad spectrum of specialist and general legal services throughout Nottinghamshire. With a strong reputation in the marketplace, we pride ourselves on our continued growth, achieved through client recommendation and committed staff.
This full-time role will be varied and challenging, where you will work on your own caseload of General Litigation cases including Residential Landlord and Tenant cases. Previous experience in Legal Aid work and Residential Landlord and Tenant work would be beneficial. The successful candidate will be expected to deal with all aspects of the matter from initial enquiry through to completion. We offer a competitive salary and a supportive, progressive working environment working within an experienced team.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following:
- a background in handling their own caseload of General Litigation cases including Residential Landlord and Tenant Cases.
- Preferably knowledge/experience of Legal Aid work
- a practical and commercial approach
- good personal skills and the ability to build a rapport and network
- a desire to become their client’s trusted advisor
- strong communication
- a strong desire to learn
- enthusiastic and ambitious
- hardworking and organised
- adaptable and accommodating
- a smart and tidy appearance
- excellent attention to detail
- IT competent
- excellent timekeeping and attendance
Applications will be accepted for candidates with at least 1-5 PQE.
For more information, or to apply for this General Litigation Solicitor role please contact Rebecca Truscott by clicking 'Apply'