Technical Support Officer
4 days left
- Full Time
Who is SAM?
Smart Applications Management (SAM) is a not for profit, membership organisation, specifically created to help local councils, commercial bus operators and other public sector bodies realise the benefits of ITSO smart ticketing, by pooling resources and expertise to access best in class services and systems at an affordable price through economies of scale. Our website is www.talktosam.co.uk.
Staff welfare and a positive work-life balance are important to SAM. Where possible we offer a flexible working environment with opportunities for homeworking and flexible hours to fit around your personal circumstances.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join the small but growing SAM team at our offices in either Alfreton, Derbyshire or Plymouth, Devon. As a Technical Support Officer, you will be responsible for day to day support for our smart ticketing projects, delivered as part of SAMs wider delivery programme. You will also be responsible for testing our products and writing test reports.
You will be part of a conscientious, efficient, sociable team, and as a key member of the project team, you will drive the continued success of the company’s future. Full training and development will be provided.
- Devise and conduct pre-deployment, system integration and ongoing quality control testing of SAM systems from a user perspective.
- Production of reports detailing the results of testing and recommending potential solutions.
- Providing technical analysis of system issues reported through the SAM Service Desk by SAM Members, managing resolutions with suppliers and liaising with other team members.
- Provide technical support to projects, ensuring that they are completed on time and within scope and budget.
- Working within the SAM Team, you will:
- Work with stakeholders to ensure a positive outcome;
- Carry out monitoring and control activities in order to track the progress of the project against delivery timescales and;
- identify and manage risk, taking appropriate action where necessary and;
- Close the project - including evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for your next project.
- Working closely with SAM Members, you will identify how we can improve our products and services to better meeting their needs, working with the Programme Manager to translate these requirements into a long-term development roadmap.
- To facilitate and contribute to meetings, visits, conferences and committees, through the preparation of reports and presentations, taking subsequent actions forward to delivery.
- To ensure all activities undertaken are in compliance with SAM Policies and Procedures, and in a way that demonstrates SAM’s commitment to Equality and Diversity for staff and partners.
This job description provides a general reflection of the key accountabilities associated with the post; it is expected that the role holder will undertake any other reasonable activities comparable with your grade.
Measures of Success:
- Successful delivery of key priorities and objectives agreed as part of the SAM Smart Ticketing Programme.
- Delivery of projects within agreed budgets.
- Production of project and testing documentation.
Knowledge, Education & Training:
- Min 3 GCSE’s A*- C in English and Mathematics or equivalent + experience.
- A Levels or similar preferred but not essential.
- Technical or computing qualification desirable but not essential.
- You will have knowledge of PC applications to include Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Project delivery experience is desirable but not essential.
Relevant Experience & Skills:
- Good technical knowledge or a willingness to learn.
- A passion for delivering high quality support.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, using your own intuition where appropriate.
- Ability to build strong working relationship with project stakeholders.
- Good sense of judgement, especially when issues need to be escalated.
- An appreciation of the importance of confidentiality and data protection principals.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with high levels of accuracy.
- Up to 37 hours per week – Monday to Friday
- 25 days leave p.a. + bank holidays
- Generous workplace pension contribution
Apply for Technical Support Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly